Friday, May 13, 2005

Now this is more like it.

Today at work was quite relaxing, my usual kiddie was not in for the second day running, so I had other, calmer pupils to be getting along with. The afternoon art lesson was good to because the year 10's seemed keen to sit down and actually get some work done! I also had good news when I told Sally (Mrs Jukes, the art teacher) that I wanted to do my GTP (Graduate Teacher Program, it's the alternative to a PGCE course) and she said that she would like it if I could do it at Woodrush, and that she would like to be my "mentor" (every GTP student is assigned a "mentor" teacher to check that the work is up-to-scratch.) This is very lucky as I can do my GTP a year earlier than I had planned, I get to stay on at Woodrush, and I get along really well with Sally, (an absolutely fantastic lady) and the other staff. So It's not been a bad day at all!

In other news, my mate Spike has joined a new band called Adrenaline. They are playing at the Academy in Birmingham on May 30th and the entire Packhorse squad, me included, will be going to see them. I can see it being a great evening out.

I am in work later so I am going to get something to eat.

TTFN

No comments: