Friday, May 27, 2005

'Ark at me, spoikin' loik a propper Brummie!

My aunt Molly has come over from America! I haven't seen her in about 5 years.

Tonight was a bit of mayhem. I was told yesterday that my dad had booked tickets to see "Go and play up your own end" at the Alexandra Theatre starring Jasper Carrott, and Malcolm Stent. I had to ask Andrew if he could cover my shift at the Legion, which he kindly did. So I went to the show, which was brilliant, with my dad, sis', nan, aunt, and cousins. It really is worth going to see. You have to be from Birmingham to understand it though. It couldn't be shown anywhere else in the country because they just wouldn't get the gags. Phrases like "We'm goin' fishin' in the cut" and slang like "'ark at 'er babby blartin'" just wouldn't be as funny if you weren't from Brum. Get tickets, it is a fantastic show.

In other news, I am setting up Donna's PC tomorrow. So at least I will be out and about instead of lounging at home. On Monday we are all off to see Adrenaline at the Academy. Gemma has kindly agreed to come along with me, so it should be a good night out.

Thats enough from me, I'm going to bed. I'm shattered.

No comments: