Monday, April 18, 2005

All Together, now...

I have written the following song. I call it "The House of Wythall Legion." Sing it to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals...

There is, a house, in Houndsfield lane.
They call Wythall Legion.
And it’s been, the ruin of many a-poor boy.
And god, I know, I’m one

My Bosses were a plenty
They all wore new blue jeans
I tried to save my wage packets
To go, to New Orleans

Now the only thing, a barman needs
Is some beer that don’t drip
And the only time, he’s satisfied
Is when he’s earned a tip

Oh mothers, tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your life in sincere misery

Working in the British Legion

I’ve got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I’m going back to the Legion
To wear that ball and chain

WELL….

There is a house on Houndsfield Lane
They call Wythall Legion
And it’s been, the ruin of many a-poor boy.
And god, I know, I’m one



No comments: