Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Heeeeey!

Hello readers. Welcome to another thrilling update. Let me dive right in with last Monday...


After work I came home to watch some TV and then head on over to Sutton to see Julie. We headed over to the pub and had a good natter. I enjoyed it. After dropping Julie back home I made my way back to Wythall.

Tuesday. Work went quickly and I was out of the door and back home before I knew it. In the evening I went over to Carl and Adams. I took Guitar Hero with me and we had a good old jam session before I decided to call it a night at about 11:00pm

Wednesday. The evening wasn't spent down at fathers as he was attending a "meeting" for Ladies Night (more of that below) so I met up with Carl and Marcus in the Greville for a swift pint.

Thursday. Work went well and the evening was spent in The Swan (as always!) though our numbers were dwindled. Still, we all had good fun and at 11:30pm lank dropped Nicola and me home...

... Hang on, I will clarify that...

Lank dropped Nicola at her house, and then me at mine...

There we go. Thats better.

Friday. At 3:45pm I shot out of work like the building was on fire. I wanted to get home and kick-start the weekend, since I had a busy but enjoyable one planned! In the evening I went back over to Carl and Adams and we ended up playing a board game called "Settlers of Catan" which is a trading and city-building board game, though it is relatively simple to play. (Click the link to view the wiki article) I enjoyed it and might look in to aquiring one of the many variants and expansions that the game has spawned.

Saturday... During the day, not a lot happened. But the evening.... Ah, the evening. It was Ladies Night at the Chateau Impney in Droitwich. The Tuxedo was pressed and pin sharp! I arrived at Fathers with Selena at 6:15pm ready for the taxi at 6:30pm. We, along with some of dads neighbours, were at the Chateau for 7:00pm and imediately started mingling and saying hello to people. We went in to the meal which was a 5 course bonanza (all of which was fantastic) and then the entertainment started...

Basically, every year the lads put something together, last year they did a hula routine. This year they did a "Husbands military-style drill, with deckchairs" (seriously!) I hoped that by the time I sat down to write this that the video would be on youtube but it's not. I wil post it when it is though!

Anyway, to tide you over here is a still photo of said drill...





I must commend them on the choreography. The rifle drill with the deckchairs was most impressive!

After the entertainment the disco started. I have a few photo's though they aren't mine. They are "borrowed" from Sophie's facebook album...





Selena. The Minnie Mouse ears appeared at some point throughout the evening and she ended up wearing them!

Now, before any of you pass judgement, let me explain that I had been drinking WINE. You can see the glass in my hand. Secondly, why has no one ever told me that when I smile I look like a younger CAPTAIN MAINWARING! for Christs sake!?

I mean lets compare that, shall we?


Me, aged 50? You decide...

Anyway. At 1:00am the taxi returned to take us home. I was ready to drop. I got in and went straight to bed.

Not-very-many-hours later I awoke, Sunday morning. I got up and headed over to Adam and Carls as we were off to Memorabilia at the NEC. We got there for about 12:00 mid day and were soon wandering around all the geeky goodness that makes up the show. We spent time looking at all the...

... Oh sod it...

... Sod the lot of it. You know what? All this is completely pointless. I could witter on about film props, movie posters, and people dressed up as daleks... But it's all for nothing....


Because whilst there I saw the king of cool, himself. The one and only....

Can you tell who that is?


It is non other than Mr. Henry "The Fonz" Winkler! Oh yes, people, lap it up! There he is.

He did a talk on stage about the first ever interview he had at the studios. He is naturally funny and, as I realised when he was asked a question from one of the crowd, a really nice bloke! I wishe we had hung around to see if we could have got an autograph but we decided to press on. It must be said that this years Memorabilia seemed smaller than previous ones. It was in the same hall, and filled it no problem, but somehow there didn't seem to be as much happening. Anyway we saw everything that there was to see and left. We went to The Greville for lunch and then back to Carl and Adams for a game of Settlers of Catan. I didn't go to my nans as the driving, walking round the NEC and the large lunch had made me sleepy so I lounged around until it was time to come home.

Right. I will leave you there readers. TTFN.



No comments: