Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Overkill" live, and then on the xbox?

Hello readers and welcome to another little update.

I will begin last Monday, and after work I went home for a bit and then got dressed in my bset rock-togs because Father, Mr parlett and I were off to see Motorhead at the Civic! We set off at about 6:00pm and were there for 6:45pm. We parked in a nearby car park and walked over to the Hall. Saxon were already playing when we got in, so we got some drinks and found our seats. It wasn't too long until Motorhead were out in full force! The concert was brilliant, though the only peeve I have about it is that one of the lights had no filter on it, and it was aimed straight at me, so everytime it flashed, my eyes melted! I overcame this problem by closing my eyes every beat to miss the searing flash that it emitted. Apart from that slight hiccough though I enjoyed myself. The last couple of songs were "Overkill" and of course "Ace of Spades" The latter of which I videoed...


See what I mean about that sodding light?

Anyway...


Tuesday, and work passed quickly. I came home to blog and then went over to Solihull to pick up a couple of jumpers. Well the colder weather is settling in, and I don't want to catch a sniffle now, do I readers? No, no I don't...



In the evening I went back over to Adam and Carls (I do a lot of driving, don't I?) to watch some TV (Star Trek Voyager was on!) and to chill out... Well, home is generally boring, isn't it?



Wednesday... Now Wednesday was interesting. After work I came home and got changed because Father and Mr. lake were having a fireworks evening. Dad picked me up in the van and we set off. We set up the bonfire... An old oil drum filled with scrap wood and things and with a few holes in it to air the embers... It's what I like to call a "Hobbo Fireplace"



The family Lake arrived soon afterwards, followed by my Aunt and cousins. We had some good fireworks and, of course, sparklers! Whilst the sparklers wer lit I decided to "do a John" and "paint" with the light by using a slow shutter speed on my camera... Something I haven't really done before... The result is sort of like I imagined, but by no means David Bailey standard...






See what I mean?

Anyway. After the fireworks and the mulled wine had run out, we decided to call it a night. We finished off by fueling the fire and watching it for a bit before leaving (with the Hobbo Fireplace still lit!) Father dropped me off and I watched a bit of TV before going to bed.

Thursday. After work I went to Tescos to buy myself a gentlemans scarf. Now I have had scarves in the past and I don't really like them, but Tescos had some in that looked nice, and were made of soft wool. So off I went. I got a chocolate brown one (that goes with my jacket perfectly) and left.

The evening was spent in The Swan. I walked up, (wearing my nice new scarf) as Mr. Thomas wouldn't be joining us until later. I arrived and quickly started the important business of sampling the Guinness... It was good! After the merryment and the laughter t'was time to go. Lank dropped me back home where I went to bed.

Friday... Ah Friday. I shot out of work like a Bat out of Hell, into Solihull to pick up my copy of Guitar Hero: World Tour. I left HMV and high-tailed it back home to have a go... IT IS BRILLIANT! The new features on the guitar controler are awsome, and the game is as good as the other 3. I then got bored of playing solo, so I went back over to Solihull to Carl and Adams to share the musical wonder that is Guitar Hero.

Saturday. I don't remember much about Saturday... Strange, considering it was only 3 days ago, as I sit here typing this thing... My nan and Grandad came over. Then I think I went out... somewhere... Possibly back over to Carl and Adams. Sorry.

Anyway. Sunday. Normal one. Dinner. Legion. Nans. Home.

Right. I'm off. TTFN

No comments: