Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nothing amazing happened last week, so I'm struggling to come up with a title.

Hello readers and welcome to another little update. I will begin, as always, with last Monday...

I got up and posted a reference for Select Education, which they wanted, and then lounged about playing Spore for most of the day until the evening when I went over to Sutton to see Julie. We went for a drink at one of the local pubs until chucking-out-time when I dropped her home.

Tuesday. Again, Spore took up most of the day and in the evening I went over to Adam and Carls.

Wednesday. I actually completed Spore! This was bad news because now I didn't have anything to occupy my time with. In the evening I went to The Swan to meet up with Donna and the quiz team... Except that the quiz team was Donna, her mum, and me! It is only one of the few times I have sat with them through an entire quiz and, don't forget there was just the 3 of us, was pleasently surprised that we came 7th! Afterwards I came home and watched some TopGear before going to bed.

Thursday. I awoke to the sound of my mobile. Select was calling me... DID THIS MEAN SOME WORK!!!?...

.... No. They were ringing me to thank me for getting the reference to them which apparently arrived the day before. But now they wanted 2 passport sized photographs for my ID card... This was a bit annoying because they could have told me that when they asked for my reference. So I spent the day trawling around trying to find one of those photo-booths... Sainsburys? No. Tescos? No. Post Office? Wasn't working. Aldis? No. Homebase. Wasn't working. Morrisons? YES! they had a working photo booth... so after paying FOUR GOD-DAMN BASTARD POUNDS!!!! for 2 mini photos I left to post them... Then I had an idea! I decided that I could save time by taking them straight to the office, so I phoned Select and explained that I would pop in. So off to Brum I went and got there for about 4:00pm. I went in and said hello to 2 girls that weren't there in the easter term when I signed up. They told me that the guy who was there left, along with 2 staff, so they were the replacements. They did my ID card and after a chat and a laugh I made my way back home. That evening I drove to The Swan since Lank was "temperarily out of action" See Lanks blog for details... (Gorey, gorey details.) At 11:30pm I left the swan and made my way over to the airport as I was picking dad up from his trip to Lanzarote which he went on with his gym mates. After waiting at Arrivals for 10 mins he showed up and I dropped him back home before carrying on home to bed.

Friday. I did nothing during the day but in the evening I went over to Sutton to pick Julie up and bring her back to the Red Lion in Shirley as Marcus and his dad's band were playing. In fact they do some very good stuff. They are called The Blighters and you can check them out here. Carl arrived, then Jenny, then after a while Kate and Ben showed up. We watched the music until chucking-out time and then started the long trek back to Sutton to drop Julie off. I was exhausted when I got there so she suggested that, rather than risk driving back to Wythall I should kip there and go back the following morning.

Saturday. I awoke with a start because I forgot where I was and it took me a second to realise! After some brekkie we sat watching Spongebob for a couple of hours before sitting in the garden since it was sunny. At about 3:00pm I left for home. I got back just as my nan and grandad were leaving. I lounged about for a bit before going over to carl and Adams for a chinese takeaway.

Sunday. Normal one. Legion, Nans, Home...

Right, I will leave you there readers. TTFN

Saturday

No comments: