Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu...

Hello readers and welcome to a shorter blog this week. As you might remember I blogged up until last Wednesday so I only have 4 days to blog about...

Ah, but before I start I will show you something I said I was going to do at the end of the previous posting...

I had finished creating Voyager on Spore and said I was off to do the Defiant from DS9... Well I did it...





I put the original there for comparison. I then ran out of things to build. Fortunately Kieron hadn't and had been hard at work creating a Klingon Bird of Prey...



I couldn't find a good "on screen" picture so I got this die cast model as a comparison.

I then decided to do a ground vehicle. Now as a teenager I was mildly obsessed with the "Mechwarrior" series of games. Now in Mechwarrior 3, one of the biggest accomplishments was to pilot a "Mad Cat mk II" which looked like this...

pretty cool.... But I thought "hmm..... I wonder if...?" and set about building... The result? look below!

Tadaah! I think it looks quite niffty.

Anyway, in the evening I went down to fathers as usual. We watched some Laurel and Hardy!

Thursday. During the day I didn't do very much and in the evening I went to the Packhorse.

Friday. Again during the day I didn't really do anything except play Spore. But the evening was quite entertaining... I went to pick Julie up from Sutton and bought her back over to this end of the world, stopping off to pick John up along the way. We then made our way over to Solihull to meet Adam, Carl, Jenny and Marcus in Woks Hall for a chinese buffet! I had several courses of various meats and sauces (hey! that rhymes!) topped off with some chocolate covered marshmallows for dessert. After spending an hour-or-so in there we paid the bill and went back to Jenny/Marcus' house to watch a bit of Family Guy before everyone left and I dropped John home and then took Julie back to Sutton.

Saturday... Was interesting. Me and John met Adam and Carl in Birmingham in the afternoon outside the Carling Academy as we had tickets to see "The Chairmen" compete in the Battle of the Bands. We got in and found a spot to stand. Now we knew Gemma, Woody, Jo, and Paul were in there somewhere, and that they would most likely be at the front, so we waited until The Chairmen had finished there set and went to look for them. Sure enough we found them at the front. We watched a couple more bands, one called "Strangle Kojak" though one fan had tried to unsuccesfully write it on his T-shirt and had written "Stragle Kojak" by mistake... Idot. We decided that food was in order so we set off towards pizza hut. We were told that there would be a half hour wait to be seated, despite half the restaurant being empty, so we decided to go somewhere else. On the way out I tripped over a chair...

We ended up in Weatherspoons and ordered the grub. I had a burger and decided that it would be better if I ate it with a knife and fork. Something that everyone else ridiculed me about! Anyway we left and discovered that everyone was queing up outside the Academy for some reason. We decided that we weren't going to bother going back in so Me, John, Adam, and Carl left for Solihull where we had quite a moving experience...

You see John is going (or rather, as I sit here typing this "has gone" would be more accurate) to live in Plymouth with Selina (his fiance, not my sister! notice the spelling) in her student flat. So that meant that our RockBand band: The Mothers of Destruction, was losing it's vocalist. We decided to play one last time...

Then, at a reasonable time, Carl dropped me and John home.

Sunday. Sunday was a normal one, though it was the day John was going to Plymouth. I went to the Legion and left for 7:00pm then went down to my nans for tea as usual...

Right. I will leave you there readers. TTFN.

No comments: