Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Go for it Blackpool, Go for it Blackpool, Go for it!

... Seriously, does anyone remember that advert from the early 90's?

Anyway. Welcome once again dear reader to my little blog. I will begin with last Monday.
The phone rang at about 8:40am and Select Education had a job for me! WOOHOO! I could start earning money again! I was to go to Calthorpe School in Moseley, but obviously I wasn't going to get there for 9:00am. I set off and was at the school for about 9:30am. I was there until about 3:40pm and then came home. During the evening I went out with Julie for a drink.

Tuesday. Back to Calthorpe, and a different class. It was good fun and I left at 3:30pm feeling quite relieved that I was earning some cash again! In the evening I went over to Carl and Adams.

Wednesday. More work at Calthorpe and then down to fathers as usual. I popped in to the quiz to see Donna and her folks before coming home.

Thursday. Work during the day went quickly... I don't know why. In the evening I got a lift down to the Swan where I sat drinking with the usual crowd... Except Lank... there is a lonely space where he should be... Come back Mr. Thomas. We need you.

Friday. After work I came home and started packing for Blackpool, since we were going the following morning. I popped in to tescos to grab some much needed items and went over to Adam and Carls. We sat watching TV and then got an early night. I kipped on the spare bed.


Saturday! I awoke, got showered and dressed and rallied the troops for our trip. We piled in to my car at about 8:00am and set off towards Sutton to pick Julie up. I arrived at about 8:40am. She put her things in the boot and we set off. I stopped at a services at about 10:15am to grab a bite to eat. We then set off on full stomachs and before too long we were cruising around the Northshore end of Blackpool. Jenny, Marcus, Kate, and Ben were a few hours behind us so we decided to check in to the hotel and then go and have a look along the seafront and the pier. The hotel was cheap... And basic... And crap. We set off for the seafront just to get out again! The weather was a bit crap but I took a photo of the Tower anyway.


Check the colour of the sky!



We had a go on the Waltzers (which lasted ages, and did something to my head because I got off and couldn't focus properly for a few seconds) We had a wander through the arcades and ended up in the bar on the pier. By this time the others had arrived and had checked in to the hotel.. And checked out again! They were so put off they had decided to switch. They were going to get some food, but we had eaten so Me, Julie, Adam, and Carl went round the sealife centre... Naturally I have a couple of photos.



A starfish (or a "patrick" as Julie calls them!)



A dogfish doing that thing that stingrays usualy do!



A funky white dogfish! I decided that due to his colours he was the pimp-daddy.



Not that you can see very well but this is actually a photo of Carl! (The strangest deep-sea creature of them all!)


Afterwards we met back up with the others at the hotel where they were just checking in to their new one just round the corner. It looked a bit nicer but I couldn't be bothered to shift all the luggage so Me Adam, Carl and Julie stayed where we were. The staff were friendly and we were only spending one night there anyway. Everyone went into their respective hotels to get changed for dinner as we were booked in to an italian restaurant. We walked round to the nicer hotel and got a taxi as one big group. We got there for 7:30pm and were soon enjoying our starters (I had chicken liver with some fancy sauce!) and then the mains (I had Veal with another fancy sauce!) and then for dessert we had Jenny's Birthday cake! By this time I was quite tired and the heavens had opened and it was pouring down with rain. After the meal we walked to a taxi company and ordered a taxi back. I went straight to bed as I wanted to be as fresh as a daisy for the Sunday as we were heading to the Pleasure Beach!


Sunday! I awoke quite early but didn't actually get up until 9:30am. Me and Julie checked out of the hotel, being beaten by Adam and Carl by a good half-hour, and met up with the others. We walked along the seafront towards the Pleasure Beach in glorious sunshine....


Oh, you want proof do you.... ok...


Mr. Blue Sky! (please tell us why, you had to hide away for so long... )

We joined the short queue for the pleasure beach and got in quite quick. The first thing people had a go on was a big swingy-thing that I bottled. I did get a video of Adam, Carl, Jenny, Marcus, and Ben on it though...

We wandered round and basically did every ride there was. We stopped for a breather around lunchtime and I took a photo of marcus and Jenny...

HEY! Thats not Jenny! Marcus you fool, thats a plastic cowgirl you're groping!

I also wanted to take a photo of me and Julie, but she's a bit camera shy... This is the best I could do...

It looks like we're both amputees...

Anyway we finished off all the rides by going on "The big one" several times before leaving to wander back to the car. By this time it was 7:00pm and I wanted to start the trek back home so I did...! We set off and no sooner had I hit the road my tiredness caught up with me! I drove for an hour before stopping off at a services for a triple esspresso and a can of Relentless: Inferno (it's like Tango mixed with nitroglycerine... it's quite nice!)

While sipping my esspresso, the Fishbourne posse wandered in! Randomly they had decided to stop off at the same services. I continued my quest and dropped Julie off at her house for about 9:40pm. I then continued on to Solihull and dropped Adam and Carl off for 10:10pm and then got home myself for 10:30pm where I went straight to bed!

Right. thats me done for now. TTFN readers!

No comments: