Friday, July 22, 2005

Schools. Out. For. Summer....

6 Weeks fully paid holiday... Nice. The last day was fantastic. After a morning of solid tidying up, which wasn't to bad because we were all having a laugh, we had a staff barbeque. The steak burgers were at least a half inch thick, and there was all sorts of stuff like salads and pasta to go with it. After everyone had finished we had a few speeches from staff members who are leaving this year. Namely, Mr Ewing, Mr Kealey, and Mrs Fitzgerald (who gave me a quick kiss before she left...) Now does anyone who went to Woodrush remember that old dinnerlady? she was always moody and had grey hair and glasses. Well she is finally retiring. When she stood up to give a quick thankyou I was expecting to see her smile for the first time in my life... And guess what? She didn't even seem particularly bothered by any of it... It was like she was being operated via remote control... No emotion what-so-ever!

... Then came the really fun part... Yesterday the kids had a bouncy castle for a sponsored "bounce-a-thon" for charity... And it was still there today... So can you guess what all the staff did?




.... Correct. About 15 staff got on to it and started bouncing like lunatics! Me and Mark (another Teaching assistant) were flipping each other trying to do backwards somersaults. Then Rose (yet another T.A) decided it would be fun to try double bouncing and seeing how high she could jump... So she comes bounding over to me and grabs my hands and starts jumping like there's no tomorrow. She stopped though, when she said she could taste her hotdog again, at which point I decided to bounce on my own incase I got in the way of some vomit......

And now to enjoy my 6 weeks. I will be doing as little as possible, and having a few lie-ins.

Ah..... Most relaxing.

TTFN readers.

1 comment:

John said...

Haha! Sounds like the teachers have more fun on the last day of term than the pupils. I've always thought the last day of term would be cool if the kids wore non-uniform and the teachers wore uniform, although it will probably lead to all sorts of anarchy, and I'm not just talking about the kids.
I cant remember any last days of term at Woodrush, I do remember one when my bag split on the stairs by 'A' block and my books went everywhere but I remember it more for the sheer embarrassment of it.

I've just updated my blog site for the first time in years.