Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'll have a Pina Colada, shaken, not stirred...

Hello readers, and yes, it's update time once again! And as you may remember I left you with Monday evening meaning that this little post will begin with a Tuesday...

Last Tuesday it was my mums birthday! We had lunch at my nans and then we went shopping in Northfield. I waited for mum to pick some skirts from Bon Marche (a shop dedicated to freaks and old people) I was stood there so long that one old lady thought I was a security guard and asked me if she could try on a top...

I ended up buying her <-- (my mum, not the old lady) a handbag that she wanted. Afterwards we went home!

In the evening I...

... Can't remember what I did! I might have gone over to Solihull. Anyway, shortly after coming back from wherever I went, mum and some of her friends came home from a meal they had treated her to... You see Mother chats (and chats and chats!) on UKChatterbox, a simple no-nonsense chatroom. Once in a while some of the regulars (yes, there's regulars!) meet up. Mother first organised this a couple of years ago at Becketts where everyone who turned up had to have a badge with their online name on it so people knew who was who! Well a few of them decided they were going to take mum out for a meal on her birthday so off they went... Oh and one of the ladies drives a black-cab so it can seat about 6 people! They came in for a chat, though in person, not online... Though one of them did suggest that they turn the computer on to see who was logged in to the chatroom....

... Is it just me, or do you find that a bit weird?

They were there a while, discussing all sorts of things (mainly the internet and the wonderful chat facilities it provides) before another friend turned up. Then they sat discussing more things... (like chatrooms and the people in them!)

Eventually they left and it was quiet enough for me to get to bed. So I did.

Jump to Wednesday. During the day I didn't do much except take my car to Becketts to get the tyres fixed... You may remember last post I told you about Quick-fit trying to charge me £140 for 2 tyres when all I had was a slow puncture and a loose valve. (scroll down to last week and it will be there) Well I took it over to the place at Becketts and they did the job for £13.50!

Bargain!

In the evening I went with kate to see Hancock. We had a drink in La Tasca first before going in to the cinema. Hancock isn't a bad film. Will Smith plays it well but the writing seems a bit "off" somehow. There are major plot-holes and questions left unanswered. Also the ending isn't what I would have expected. There is a perfect opportunity to end the film, (and leave it open for a sequel) but they dont... They drag it out for 20 more minutes trying to tie-up all the loose ends (and fail) and then create the typicall "fairytale-happy-ending" where as I would have liked a grittier, darker alternative...

... Anyway. Afterwards I dropped Kate home and then went home myself.

Thursday. I went with mum and Selena over to Broadway in the Cotswolds. I drove, since my car has Air-con'. We parked and wandered round the little shops for an hour-or-so before stopping at the pub for a cold drink. After that it was back home. ]

In the evening I went to the Packhorse as usual. A few of the TA's were in there so I said hello and joined everyone outside in the beer garden. Quite a lot of fun was had by all but at 12:30am we left for home.

Friday... Friday was interesting. I got a call from Father saying that he was in Beoley and needed a hand painting... Fair enough... So I went down to meet him at a fishery centre that also had some warehouses on it's land. I discovered that the "painting" that he was talking about was in fact the redecoration of a showroom and office of a company that sells sports equipment (though mainly golf stuff)

So I got stuck in...

At 4:30pm we called it a day and went home.

In the evening I stayed in and watched a lot of TV... Something which I haven't done in a while. It was nice, actually, to zone out for a bit.

Saturday... Nan and grandad came over as usual, but Selena was out so she didn't come for her usual intake of red wine and a doughnut! In the evening I went with a couple of the TA's over to another TA's house for her 30th birthday. It was advertised as a "cocktail party" so I found a couple of old bow ties (don't ask) and stuffed them in my pockets. When we got there we had food and music, and the promise that the cocktails would be mixed shortly. When the ONLY OTHER male TA arrived (guy called Tim... nice chap!) I gave him a bow tie... We then disapeared and put them on (they were clip-on so we just put them round our necks!) and got a laugh from everyone when we reappeared. The night went on and we had music and dancing... Sadly, at about 12:00midnight we called it a night and went home.

Sunday... Ah, you must all know how Sundays work for me by now... I go to the Legion, then go down to nans for my tea and to watch TopGear... Which is exactly how it went!

Ok. I will stop there and resume as normal next Tuesday.

TTFN readers!

No comments: