Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thanks for the memories...

Hello readers and welcome to this little update.

Well. I have finally left Woodrush and am now looking forward to 6 weeks off before starting as a supply teacher, but more of that later.

I will start, as ever, with last Monday. It was the begining of my last week at Woodrush and in the Evening I went with Kate out for a drink in Solihull. We started off in Wetherspoons and after a brief pint, went in search of cocktails (since that was what Kate was in the mood for!) we ended up in Lloyds bar where I ended up swapping Guinnes for a bright red drink with vodka and lemon in it! Afterwards I dropped kate home and came home to bed.

Tuesday! The evening was a fantastic affair because myself and the TA's, plus office staf from school went to Hall Green dog track for a meal and a flutter on the doggies. Whilst there Sky Sports were covering the races. After the main derby the cameras came in to the restaurant and came straight over to us! WEEEYY! we were on Sky Sports TV! (I've never been on TV before!)

The staff also decided to give me my leaving present! A HMV voucher for £20 and a rather nice watch. I was chuffed!

Wednesday. In the evening I went down to fathers as usual to watch a bit of TV. I then went up to the Swan to meet with Donna and co' for the last hour of the quiz. (not that I'm a lot of help!)

Thursday was a bit of a disaster... I had picked up a puncture on my back car tyre. I have never known anyone get as many punctures as me... Ever! I really must write to The Guinness Book of World Records and see if I can enter. In the evening I went to the Packhorse for my weekly quota of booze.

Friday... My last day. At the staff party in the staffroom I got handed my big card, signed by everyone, a cheque for £60.00, and a bottle of wine. I was then told that I would be missed, and that they hoped I would be coming back to do some suply for them next year... Which is technically possible, since the agency I am with are one that Woodrush use! In the evening I went with John over to Carl and Adams to have a Rock Band session. Adam was at his parents so the "Mothers of Destruction" (Rock Band profile Band Name!) were a three-piece. Whilst there we ordered in a Chinese takeaway which was nice, before calling it a night at 1:00am. I dropped John home andcame home, myself.

Saturday. After nan and grandad had been up with winr and cake (as is the Saturday tradition in the Evans family household!) I played through some Warcraft II before getting ready to go to Nicola and julias birthday barbeque. Lank drove myself, Mr. B. and Donna. At 7:00pm-ish Lank and dan left to watch the Villa match and I had to pop in to a Engagement party in Kings Heath for one of the TA's. I only stayed an hour or so before coming back and spending the rest of the night at Nicola and Julias. It was a good party with music and steaks! We finally called it a night at about 12:45am. Lank dropped Donna home first followed by me and Dan.

Sunday. I got up and had dinner, went to the Legion, went down to nans after a brief stop off at Donnas house, then after leaving nans, caught up with Jason, Gemma, and Becky (sorry, she prefers "Bex") in the Packhorse for the last hour before coming home (only after Jason had used his electric pump to reinflate my tyre... bless his little cottons!)

Right now it's usually here I say "TTFN" but because i will forget the start of this week by the time of my next post, I will blog it now...

Monday... I.E yesterday, I went down to Quick Fit in Shirley to see ift hey could fix my tyre. I needed the punctured one plugging and the one in the boot (with my 4th alloy attached to it) needed a new valve since that keeps deflating... Now the grease-monkey at the garage was adamant that:

a) the tyres were down to the wear-blocks
b) they were split
and c) would therefore need replacing at a cost of £70.00 per tyre thankyou very much...

(oh, and he came to these conclusions without taking the tyre off or even looking at them for longer than about 30 seconds.....)

PISS OFF!!!!

£70.00 per tyre???? So a loose valve and a slow puncture was going to cost me £140?

I think not!

He said "bring it back in an hour" so I said "yeah, mate, will do..." then came home with absolutely no intention of going back...

... EVER!

Ok, let me just take a moment to add this so I can google-bomb it later:


"Quick-Fit are a bunch of bastard con-artists"
Thats better!
So I popped over to Donnas (after making sure I wasn't driving on my rims) to assist her in creating some certificates for the kiddies in her school. I spent an hour doing that but had to take them home with me to cut on my guillotine (yes, I actually have one!) as Donnas printer was printing at a cock-eyed angle...
In the evening I went with Adam, Carl, and John over to Rubery for a night of Bowling! Carl kindly drove us there and we imediately payed for 2 games. Adam won the first with a not-bad 118 and I won the second with a mighty 156! After the games we played in the arcade for a bit where I was beaten on Mario Kart Arcade GP.
After Adam nearly walked out with his bowling shoes still on, we left for home, and Carl dropped me off. After watching a bit of TV I went to bed...
Right. I will leave it there readers. TTFN...

No comments: