Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PROPER computer games!

Hello readers and welcome to yet another thrilling update.

I begin as usual with last Monday. John and I (ooh, get you with the grammar!) went, with Rock Band over to Adam and Carls where The Mothers of Destruction (thats our band!) rocked out to some classic tunes.

Tuesday was the same as the day before, with another Rock Band session... Mr Turbitt is becoming quite the drumming superstar!

It should be noted that Marcus and Jenny weren't there as they had gone to Majorca for the week!

Wednesday I went down to fathers as usual. At 10:00pm I was going to meet Donna in the Swan but she was feeling unwell and had left early.

Thursday. Ah, the call of the Packhorse was answered with great merriment! Jason, Gemma and Becky arrived to swell the small number of people and I spent most of the evening with becky, feeding the games machine pound coins to try our luck at some of the quizes to win money. After the booze and the laughter we decided to call it a night and make our way home.

Friday. After work I came home and fell asleep! In the evening I went over to Carls. Adam was at his parents so me and Carl whiled away the hours playing marathon sessions of Mario Kart followed by a going from start to finish on Guitar hero III...

... Mental!

Saurday. I got up and went over to Adams. We had decided to go to The sealife centre in Birmingham as Adam had a voucher (and we all love a bargain!)

While I was at Adams he gave me something that took me back to my (late) childhood...

... You see, in the late '90's/early '00's I was a HUGE fan of Warcraft II on the PC. In 200 (ish) Warcraft III came along and moved the game into it's current 3D format. The graphics were good, the cinematics were great and the story was interesting... And yet I have always stood my my opinion that Warcraft II is a better game. Yes, it's not true 3D, yes, the story is thin on the ground, but it plays so good and is so entertaining, that when my original disc got mangled years a go I was genuinely upset... So you can imagine my excitement when, on Saturday Adam handed me a Warcraft II disc and the expansion pack "Beyond the dark portal"

We drove to the station where we met Carl, hopped on to a train, and set off. We disembarked at Snow Hll and took a leisurely walk down to the Sealife Centre. We got in (with the voucher!) and walked round. Along the way we saw shark feeding and the Sea Turtle enclosure... Actually, I can treat you to a little video of that!

After a few hours wandering around we decided it was time to get some lunch so we popped across the canal to The Malt House where we had a drink and a bite to eat. We THEN set about walking across Brum to a shop where Carl wanted to buy a new boardgame based on Villages in France (!?) it turns out it is a rather good strategy game where you place tiles to build cities that score you points. Simple, but Amusing. We THEN went back to Solihull before getting ready to go over to Gemma and Beckys house for a BBQ they were having. Lank picked Me, Carl, and Adam up from my house and drove us to Redditch. We had already got supplies (meat and beer!) from Tescos. So we set off and were the first ones there. We met some other people who were invited and Jason set about cooking the grub! I had a few burgers and some smokey bacon, and a ton of Guinness before admitting defeat. We all sat chatting until the small hours when people started to leave. We were the last out, at about 1:00am and Lank dropped me home where I went to bed.

Sunday. I got up and had dinner (since it was that time by the time I had crawled out of bed!) and at 2:30pm went down to The Legion as usual to do my stint. After coming home I got changed and went to nans for tea and to watch TopGear before coming home to bed.

Right. I will leave you there for now readers...

TTFN!

No comments: