Monday, February 04, 2008

Well you never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine...

Well hello readers. Welcome to this weeks update (It’s actually the second time I have written this because Internet explorer crashed while I was publishing the first draft and it lost it!). Now last time I told you about a “new link” on my page which was the “mini city” link. (I hope you all regularly visit it!) But since then I have another new link. This one is for my Xbox 360s’ blog…

… Yes. You read that correctly. My Xbox 360 writes its own blog, without any interaction from myself! If you don’t believe me, just click the link over on the right, or if you prefer, clicky here.

Ok, on with the blog.

Monday morning came along and I went to work. It seemed to fly by, and at 4:30pm I was out the door.

In the evening I went to see Sweeney Todd at Cineworld in Solihull. I picked Jo up for 8:30pm and we waited in the Masons for Adam who arrived a little while later. We finished our drinks and went over to Touchwood.

The film is really good. If you are thinking of going to see it, don’t let the fact that it is a musical put you off. In fact I think that it works better as a musical than it would if it was a regular film.

Afterwards I dropped Jo home and came home myself.

Tuesday. Work went fairly quickly, due to my day being busy. Not hectic, just nicely busy. In the evening I took my guitar over to Adams and Marcus’. Marcus showed me how to play a 12-bar blues and we sat having a jam session playing Hound Dog. This means my song repertoire now consists of TWO FULL SONGS! Woohoo! I left after my fingers started to sting, at about 11:30pm

Wednesday. Work went well and at 4:30pm I was out the door. I decided to have my hair cut but I fancied a change. Instead of having a short-back-and-sides #3 and #4, I told him to “just buzz it with a #2” so he did. In the evening I went down to fathers as usual. We watched “Ice Road Truckers” on the TV followed by some Laurel and Hardy. We put on one of my favourites; “County Hospital” I have found a short clip of it for you on youtube… Enjoy!



Ah. Comedy in its purest form. Afterwards I came home to bed.

Thursday at work I managed to get quite a bit done. In the evening it was “business as usual” in The Packhorse. As a bonus my quiz was partaken in! (You may remember last week I took it but no-one wanted to play.) If you would like to play my quiz (well, the quiz I found and printed out) online you can do so here. (click the little link in the larger grey box to open it.)

After the booze had been drunk and the jokes told, it was time to leave at a rather respectable 11:30pm.

Friday. My nans birthday! Work seemed to drag a bit but it was Ok. At 3:30pm everyone made a run for it. I grabbed my nans card from home and shot down to see her…

… She was out. D’oh! No matter, I would call back in an hour. So off home I went. I popped back an hour-or-so later to find my nan in and my mum was there as well. I stayed for a bit but had to get home because I was off out! You see many of the staff at Woodrush were going to The Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath for a bit of a party! Me, Anne, and carol got a lift down to the pub where we met up with some other people. After standing at the bar for a good 20 minutes, we were served and made our way upstairs to the room we had hired. About an hour in, the food was unveiled, and the disco started. It didn’t take long for everyone to be up, busting some moves, strutting their stuff, and twisting some shapes on the dance floor!

Sadly their are no photos. I can imagine teachers don't want to be posted on a website that some of the kiddies access... Rightly so, too.

It stayed that way until midnight, when people started to leave. At 12:30am we decided to call it a night and ordered our chariot to take us back to Wythall. I immediately went to bed as soon as I got in.

I awoke Saturday and did nothing… Seriously. Selena arrived along with nan and granddad but after they had gone I didn’t do anything. In fact the entire day can be summed up thusly: Food, TV, Xbox, Guitar, Food, Xbox, TV, Food, Bed. The final “TV” slot was actually spent watching “Die Hard 4.0” since I hadn’t seen it I decided to order it on pay-per-view… Or “TV on demand” as Virgin Media call it. I then went to bed.

Sunday… Now Sunday was spent eating Sunday lunch, and working at the Legion. Actually the Legion was fairly quiet and so we took it easy. No fuss. No stress…

… Until the moment came when I had to tell the people in the club that we didn’t have the Villa/Fulham game on. It wasn’t that the cable TV was faulty, we just didn’t have the channel it was being shown on. (I will point out to you all now that we have some sort of Greek/Turkish cable package at the Legion… Don’t ask…) Well did they believe me? Did they heck!

I had people demanding to have the remote controls, people shouting, people fiddling with the set-top box, people swearing, more people shouting… Just because they didn’t believe the match wasn’t being shown…

… Dopey wankers.

Anyway, at 7:00pm I dropped my collegue home, and came home myself for an hour before going to my nans for tea. I came back at about 10:00pm and sat watching South Park. I don't get to see it very often but it was the World of Warcraft episode which in my opinion is one of the funniest episodes around...

Oh, what the hell! I'll share some of it with you...



After I had stopped laughing I went to bed...

… And that’s where this blog ends… Now lets see if blogger will let me publish it this time!

TTFN readers.

No comments: