Sunday, January 27, 2008

... On a horse with no name!

Hello readers and welcome to this weeks update.

Now before I dive in to the weeks events, allow me to explain to you the newest link on the right-hand-side of this page. It is the link called "Please help my city grow." I have been meaning to tell you about it for a while and, while I have no doubt that some of you have clicked it, I'd like to explain what it is you are contributing to. The link points to my mini-city and every time someone clicks the link, I get one more person living in the city or a boost to the cities commerce...

... It is worth mentioning that this is completely pointless. No one wins, no one loses, there are no cash prizes...

... I just like watching it grow! There is a restriction though. The link will work for one person, per computer, per day (so you can’t just sit there clicking like a madman) So I ask you: every time you log on to the 'net make sure you visit my blog and click the link. There is no need to do anything else!

Right. On with the blog...

Ok, Monday. Work went quickly and I was out the door for 4:30. In the evening I went with Donna to the Harvester for a drink.

Tuesday was a good day. The T.A's from school... (That's "teaching assistants" not "territorial army") went to the Crescent Theatre to see "James and the Giant Peach" because Craig Hall, who teaches drama at Woodrush was in it!

I drove and picked up Anne and Carole, plus her son, and set off towards Birmingham with only a shadow of an idea as to where the theatre actually was! (I knew it was "Brindley-Place-ish") On the way there my phone rang. It was John, but I couldn't answer because I was driving, so I gave the phone to Anne and told her to answer it...

... Now Anne has a devilish sense of humour and when she answered, she did so in the worlds most sultry voice imaginable! She then told John that she didn't want to disturb me from "doing what I was doing to her, because she enjoyed it so much" and that I wouldn't be finished with her for at least an hour!!! By this point I was trying not to laugh (and not to crash!) When she hung up (which she did by saying "ooh, don't stop" as she took the phone away from her ear) everyone burst out laughing, and I got a weird look from a woman who was along side me by the traffic lights.

... Well, we got to the theatre and met up with the rest of the T.A's. We got the tickets (which had been reserved in the name of "Craigs' Bitches".... Thanks Craig!) and went in to the auditorium.

The cast comprised of 6 actors/actresses playing various parts and the whole production lasted no longer than an hour and a half…

The story was expertly done and they made clever use of performers. I would recommend you go and see it, but it is not showing anymore.

Anyway. After the show we had the unique opportunity to take a back stage tour! We met the cast and had a look round at how the stage is set up. Anne took a photo of us looking through the door of the “Peach Seed House”

Enjoy!


From left to right: Sarah, Jayne, Julie and Me!

We left and after I dropped people home me and Anne nipped in to the Swan for a quick pint. I had a really good night!

Wednesday… Work was the same as usual and when 4:30pm came I made a run for the door! In the evening I was at a bit of a loss because father was away skiing! My prayers were answered though, by Jenny. Kate, Naomi, and Jenny were in The Swan doing the quiz, and invited me up to join them! Whilst there, Donna came in with Richard, and they joined their regular team (who ended up beating us, but that’s not important.) Whilst there, Donna asked me very nicely if I could take her and a friend to the Airport on Friday because they were having a weekend in Cork. I agreed (after making sure she meant Birmingham Airport, not Heathrow or Manchester!) and then went back to the others to carry on losing the quiz!

Afterwards, I came home and went to bed.

Thursday… Again, work was work…

… Actually I have been thinking; When I write about my job, does it sound like I don’t enjoy it? I only ask because I realise I don’t write a lot about it, and then emphasise the point of leaving at the end of the day. It has become a kind of blogging formula, but I ensure you that I enjoy working at Woodrush. It’s a fun job, and the people who I work with, Staff and Pupils alike, are all fantastic…

… Right, now we have got that sorted, lets continue…

… 4:30pm came along and I left feeling like I had done a full days work. (well, I had done a full day’s work!) I sat playing on the Internet for a bit (Facebook is so addictive!) And before Lank came round I started work on another quiz for the Packhorse. I printed a quiz made in Excel. There are 100 pictures of cartoon characters and you have to fill in what the cartoon is. You can play the online version here. I got 87 out of 100! (but searched the web for the answers to the other 13)

When lank arrived, I was just finishing off printing the quiz. We then set off to The packhorse…

… Where no-one played my quiz!

Fan-bleedin’-tastic! I will take it with me next week to see if anyone wants a go. Anyway we still had a good evening, and at 11:30pm-ish we left. Lank Dropped me back home and I went in and went to bed.

Ah, Friday. Work seemed to pass quite quickly. Afterwards I went to put some petrol in the car, came home to get changed and went down to Donnas for the airport run… She and her friend (shit! Can’t think of her name!) finished getting ready and I sarcastically asked “have you got everything?” before getting in to the car and setting off…

… Turning round 30 seconds later because Donna had forgotten her coat!

Ahem! I decided to go down the Coventry road, since at 5:00pm I figured the M42 would be busier. I was correct, and we cruised down to the airport, with the only snag being the main roundabout in Solihull, which was a bit busy. I said goodbye and started the journey back. When I got in I sat practicing my guitar playing and have mastered "Traveling through the desert on a horse with no name" It's official, people. My song repetoir now consists of ONE WHOLE SONG! YEAH! If you are very, very lucky. Then I WON'T post a video of me playing it for you! (but I might!)



After my playing was over I decided to give Adam a call and since he wasn’t doing anything I decided to grab Guitar Hero III and head off back to Solihull. Adam, Marcus and Myself spent a good few hours playing through various songs before having a go at Call of Duty 4 just for good measure. We decided to call it a night at around midnight and so I came back home to bed.

Ah. The weekend! On Saturday I got up to take the old washing machine to the tip. When I got back, Selena phoned me to see if I would like to go for lunch at The Lifford Curve pub for Kierons Birthday. It sounded like a plan so she picked me up. We got there and it was very quiet. I ordered a curry and Kieron the same. It tasted good, but it was obviously out of a packet.

Afterwards, we came back home and had a glass of wine with Mum, Nan, and Granddad. In the evening I text Jo to see if there was a band on at The Red Lion in Shirley like the week before. There was! So I decided to join them for 9:30pm. The band were really good, and we were even joined by Marcus and his dad. Adam remained cocooned in his house though. After the merriment and the dancing, I left at a respectable 1:30am.

I awoke this morning to the smell of bolognaise! I ate that and then went to do my stint at the Legion…

… Just like usual!

… And just like usual, this is where my little blog ends for another week.

TTFN readers!

No comments: