Monday, January 21, 2008

Ocky-Mocky-Ching-Chong-Choo

Hello readers and welcome to a late blog. Before I go any further I suppose I am going to have to explain the title to you: You see I couldn't think of what to call this little blog so I had to come up with something random. Fortunately I was sitting in an art class at work on Thursday and 2 year 10 girls were using "ocky-mocky-ching-chong-choo" in all their sentences (no, I don't know why either) and that is all I could think of when trying to name the blog... So I used it.

Anyway, lets crack on with it...

Monday... Well work seemed to pass quite quickly as Mondays tend to do. From 3pm until 4pm Art Club were painting the wall by the Drama studio (People who are familiar to Woodrush will know where I mean) red. Yes, thats right. Red. Because it is something that was put forward to me before Christmas and have only just got round to doing!

In the evening I met up with Kate from college in Solihull. We started in the Masons, but ended up in the Coach House since we had some nob-head try to muscle in on our table, and Kate didn't like the fact that he was eyeing up her bag... I had a good night out and promised to keep in touch with Kate more often.

Tuesday was very much like Monday, but spelled differently...

In the evening I may have gone out somewhere... I probably enjoyed it (I am sorry about this)

Ah, now. Wednesday (the memory is becoming a little less hazy) was a good day at work and I was out for 4:30pm.

Now here begins a story: I left work and I had a plan. A plan which had been formulating in my brain for a while now... I don't use my bass guitar very much... mainly because I don't have an amp' and also because I was never very good at it... But I have wanted to be able to play some sort of instrument for ages and the only way this was ever going to happen is if I could get said instrument for a cheapish price, and for it to be an instrument that I can practice and actually enjoy... Oh, and I wanted to be able to have limitless resources available via the internet so that I could possibly begin teaching myself! said instrument would be a guitar. Not an electric, as that would require an amp, and leads, rather an acoustic guitar. I took my bass to Cash Converters in Kings Heath and they gave me £30 for it. I then went upstairs to the shop and started browsing the guitars they had in. There was a classic Fender for £89.99... Too expensive, and it was a "baby-poo-brown" colour with no scratch-plate. They had a Gibson in for £129.99... um...no!
and a nice guitar priced at £39.99...

... Which was pink!

I was begining to give up hope when I noticed a few guitars in the corner I hadn't looked at. Not expecting them to be any good I wandered over only to find a nice acoustic, in a deep reddish brown for £34.99! Marvellous! I paid for it and brought it home... Naturally I took a picture



Quite nice, isn't it?

I came home and looked up "guitar chords" on wikipedia. I sat practicing but became distracted by another little game I found on the internet. Do you remember I told you about "Bowmaster"? well I have now found "Flash Element Tower Defence 2." Granted, the title isn't as catchy but it's quite a fun game. You have a selection of towers that have various attacks and you build them to stop waves of enemies stealing your gems' It's rather enjoyable... Check it out!

In the evening I went down to fathers as usual for some telly.

Thursday at work seemed to drag a little. But it was OK and 4:30pm came soon enough. I was playing my Tower game right up until 8:00pm when Lank came to pick me up to go to the Packhorse. I was nearly ready to go when I remembered that Kate said I needed to make a quiz for her and Jenny, since she had done one for the last couple of weeks. I decided to create "Gareths Super-Fun-Music Quiz" and set a scoring system for it. It took me about 40 minutes to complete but as soon as I did, we were in Lanks car and off up to the pub!

... Kate didn't like my quiz...

Anyway. A good night was had by all. Jason and Gemma even turned up! I haven't seen them for a while so it was good to be able to catch up. After the laughter and the merryment it was time to leave. Lank dropped me back home and I went to bed.

Ah, Friday. Work whizzed on by and I was out the door for 3:30pm. I came home and messed about on the PC for a bit before going down to nans to say fairwell to father who was going skiing for a week. After I had done that I met Jenny at my house and we were off to meet up with Adam and Marcus in Solihull as we were going to see "Alien Vs Predator: Requiem" at the cinema. We got there and got our tickets, got a seat in the rather surprisingly empty auditorium, and were then asked to get out of the surprisingly empty auditorium so that they could clean it!

After the faffing around we got re-seated and the film finally began... It's Ok actually. The first one was a bit cheesey and I didn't think much of it. This one had a slightly more "grown-up" feel to it and the ending leaves it open for another sequel. All-in-all not a bad evening. Afterwards, we went home where Jenny came in for 10 minutes before setting off.

Saturday was good. I did virtually nothing all day, but then in the evening went to The Red Lion in Shirley. Marcus, Bobby, and Jo were there and so were a lot of other people as it was the Lions' first "band night" Every couple of weeks they are now going to host a band evening in the back room. They converted the snooker/quiz room in to a proper little gig area. It's small, but that only lends itself to the "cozy" feeling of it. During the course of the evening a rather drunk/mad woman decided to get up and have a dance... A dance that involved some rather peculiar moves... Do you remember Bucks Fizz singing (I think) "Making your mind up" when Cheryl Baker spun out of her skirt to reveal a smaller skirt underneath? well this woman kind of had the same idea... She began unhitching her dress infront of everyone then performed the move in a not-so-gracious-manner...

... I was relieved when she did actually have a skirt on under her dress!

During the course of the evening Jo's dad decided to have a dance with his sister-in-law, which naturally made Jo cringe... I then added to the embarrasment factor by offering to dance with Jo's mum! Actually, Jen' isn't a bad little mover on the dance floor! I was impressed. After the music we stayed on at the pub until about 3:00am! Then we went back to Jo's for drinks... Or rather "drink" since I was driving. We sat chatting but eventually left at about 4:00am! I got home and went immediately to bed.

I awoke at about midday on Sunday, and to the smell of Sunday Lunch being cooked. I practiced a bit on my guitar and then ate Dinner before doing a stint at the Legion. Afterwards I came home only to go back out again to my nans an hour later.

After eating tea I came home to play a little more on the ol' six-string and went to bed!

Right that just about wraps it up... I'm off out with Donna in a bit. TTFN!

No comments: