Sunday, January 06, 2008

Lime sandwiches?

Hello readers. Welcome to the second blog of 2008.

I am covering a shift at the legion in a bit so excuse me if this is done rather quickly.

So lets begin with last Wednesday (Since I have already blogged the Tuesday). The final week of the holidays was half way over, and it was a day of just lazing about (the day after new years day always is!) In the evening I went down to fathers as usual for a bit of telly. I came back at about 11:00pm and messed about on the 'net for a bit before going to bed...

.. At 4:00am! You see I came across a rather addictive little game called BowMaster. You spend ages firing arrows at invading monsters... Time consuming, but it's rather satisfying when an arrow you have launched across the screen strikes an enemy and it lets out a blood-curdling "WAAAAGH!"

... Anyway.

I awoke, rather late, on Thursday with the idea that I would pick Donna up in the afternoon so that we could go and see "Alvin and the Chipmunks" in Touchwood. I had lunch, got ready and went to get her and we set off for Solihull. We got there and went up to the cinema only to find that everyone else in the West Midlands had the same idea... The film was sold out, and the only other showing was in two hours time. We decided to give it a miss and do some shopping instead! You see for a while now I have wanted a smart casual jacket. I always wear my cotton one (Which Donna insists isn't a jacket, but rather a "Jumper with a zip") so we trundled around Touchwood. I eventually found myself in Sport World (or whatever the bloody shop is called, it's not my usual venue for clothes shopping) only to find that they do some nice Jackets! I found one I liked, and then tryed it on, using Donna as my own personal shopper (since, as anyone who has ever been shopping with me will tell you, I'm awful at it. I can never make up my mind, and get fussy about what I buy!)

We eventually left and Ms Pickard asked if we could swing-buy Sainsbury's because she needed to get some ingredients to cook tea. We got to Sainsbury's and the only items she bought were a loaf of bread and two limes...

... What were we having for tea? Lime sandwiches?

We went back and Me and Richard sat laughing hysterically at Scrubs while Donna slaved away in the kitchen. She made Lime chicken with Potatoes and mange touts! T'was very good. After tea I made a move to get ready to go to the Packhorse. Lank wasn't attending this week as he had been struck down with a cold. I got a lift off mother and I was down at the pub for 8:45pm. (wearing my new jacket, of course!) Kate had bought a little "puzzle ball" with her she had out of a christmas cracker. You basically have to assemble the 6 pieces to make a ball... It's tougher than it sounds but eventually I did it... After watching James and Naomi complete it! After the drink and the laughter it was time to go home. I was preparing for the long walk home when Naomi offered me a lift (god bless her and her little Peugeot!) which was nice. I got in and went to bed... After playing more of that Bowmaster! (seriously, give it a go!)

I awoke on Friday and basically did nothing all day! Mother went to Tesco's and I stopped in playing Bowmaster (It automatically saves your game for you! It's really good!) Hours passed, and in the evening I phoned Kate up because I still had her Chrismas present! I went down for about 8:20pm to find her sat on her bed watching ER. Now I have never been a fan of American Dramas but as I sat down and began watching I found myself starting to care...

... I actually began caring about Dr Greene and is tumour. And about the deaf kid. And about the lesbian nurse who can't tell anyone she's a lesbian, and who walks with a limp...

... AAAAAAARGH! I had to purge my head... Fortunately Kate had a quiz she had printed out from work. There were pictures of pieces of chocolate/crisp/drinks wrappers and you had to name the chocolate/crisp/drink that it's from. I got about half before giving up...

... "Wait, what did Dr. Carter just say to Dr. Benton?"

... AAAARGH!

I would have either gone mad or become addicted to the show if it wasn't for Kate keeping me sane. Actually this scenario took me back to Turkey. Me and Kate would chat for hours in the room, and to be honest I quite miss it. She is one of a few people who I can truly relax with...

... Hang on that sounded better in my head than it does typed out. Reading it back, does that sound a bit weird? hmm... Well if it does, it's not meant to, sorry.

Anyway, I will move on incase I accidentally type something to incriminate myself...

I left at about 12:30am and came home to bed.

Yesterday was a good day. I actually BOOKED Tickets for "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and Donna picked me up at 4:00pm. We set off and parked in John Lewis carpark. We got in to the cinema and the film began. It's a good laugh actually, not a super-mega-epic blockbuster, but a good laugh non-the-less. Infact the only thing that dissapointed me was the lack of the Theme song...

... Which I now have in my head... D'oh!

After the film Me and Donna went for a meal at The Plough on the Stratford road. I had steak but filled up on the salad and ended up not finishing it! Me! Not finishing a meal! Oh the shame, the shame... After we had paid Donna droped me home since a big meal will always make anyone feel sleepy.

I kept myself awake by sitting at the computer firing little arrows at invading monsters...

"wheee" *smack* "Waaargh!"

Excellent...

I am going to have to leave you there readers since The Legion beckons...

TTFN.

1 comment:

Picto. said...

BEST. BLOG. EVER. *****

LIME SANDWICHES? PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. SO 1337.

-LEEROY JENKINS