Sunday, January 13, 2008

A martial art where you could beat up dogs...

Hello readers and welcome once again to my little blog. This week I will dive straight in to it as dinner is nearly ready, and I am doing a stint at the Legion in a bit as well. Ok, so Monday morning I was back at work and to be honest it felt like we were never away. The kids were grouchy, the teachers were grouchy, I was grouchy... Honestly, Eeyore would have felt right at home! (I hate that stupid manic-depressive donkey!) Anyway I think everyone was glad to get out at 4:30pm.

In the evening I went over to Solihull and the usual gang went over to The Greville. The quiz was on, but we didn't stop for it. After a couple of hours we drank up and since everyone was feeling tired I came back home and went to bed.

Tuesday at school was a normal day. The shock of waking up so early had started to pass and everyone was more up-beat. The day went fairly quickly and I had a sense of accomplishment when I left. It was one of those days where you feel satisfied for working and being part of the system, if you know what I mean. Now in the evening I was under orders to go down to fathers for 6:30pm as he had tickets for a show but wasn't going to tell me where! I had done some browsing on the internet and the only thing I could come up with as a possible candidate was a stunt-bike show at the NIA...

... Sure enough we set off towards Birmingham and my suspicions were confirmed when we pulled in to the NIA carpark...

Our seats were fairly far back, but the woman on the doors to the arena said that because the show hadn't sold out, we could sit wherever we liked provided the seats weren't occupied! Excellent! We moved round for a better view, and got a bit closer as well. The show itself was brilliant. The troop of riders call themselves "The Crusty Demons" and the show has many aspects to it. The bikes made up around 90% of the show. The rest was dancing (by some women called "The Crusty Babes" Now is it me, or is that the biggest turn-off ever? "hi, who are you?" "I'm a crusty babe" "ok, luv' see you later, I'm off to wash my hands") There was a guy called "The space cowboy" who hung irons from his eyelids (no, really!) and swallowed a luminous tube (again, really!) as well as a few other people. One on a skateboard, one on a quad bike, and one on a snow-mobile. In fact rather than me explain it to you, I have some videos...

... Actually I have about 15 videos, but I wont put all of them up. I will give you the best of the bunch and give you the links to the rest, to watch at you own convenience...

Ok, video number 1 is just some warm up jumps followed by a main trick...




Video 2 is a quad-bike backflip...




The 3rd video is a snowmobile doing a backflip. They showed footage of the guy a week before and he stuffed the landing up completely and ended up knocking himself out!




Now every show like this has to have at least one guy getting something wrong and fortunately, I got it on video! Watch the skateboarder... I don't think he intended to land using his face to cushion the blow!



Ouch. He did it on the second try though

After a good 3 hour show it was time to leave. Father dropped my back and I had tea, and went to bed.

Wednesday. Actually work was the same as usual and not a lot happened... In the evening I stayed in so not a lot happened there either... Sorry. Wednesday is a bit of a no-blogger.

Thursday. Again work was the same as is always is and I was out the door for 4:30pm. I went to get a haircut and came home to watch a bit of telly before being collected by Lank for an evening of merryment at the Packhorse. We got there to find Kate and Jenny sat on the couches as our usual table had been claimed. A good evening was had by all especially when Naomi turned up with a plastic cap shaped to her own head. Everyone decided to try it on and we all came to the conclusion that Naomi has a very small noggin since no-one could get it to fit. After the laughter, the booze, and the singing... (well, ok there was no singing) it was time to leave. Lank dropped my home and I went in to beddie-byes.

Ah, Friday. Work was over quicker than you could say "here comes the weekend"and everyone, staff and students alike, ran for freedom at the sounding of the bell...

In the evening it was comedy time as Me, Adam, Marcus, Jenny, and Jo, along with some Transconians (people who work with Adam at Transo/exoserve/whatever they are called this week) wentt o the Glee club in Birmingham... Though I am getting ahead of myself because just getting there is half the story...

It came to my attention 2 hourse before we needed to be at the club that Jo needed a lift. Adam had gone in early to meet Marcus and me and Jenny were getting a taxi. After some phoning round it was decided that Jo would get a lift to mine, mother would drop us down to Jennys and we would get a taxi from there... Right, so I went to book a taxi with A2B (or Always 2 Bollocks as I shall forever now call them...)

I kid you not, this was the phonecall:

person: "ullow!"
me: "hi, is that A2B?"
person: "Ya"
me: "Ok can I get a taxi from [jenny's address] plea..."
person: "wh're yu go?"
me: "..se. Birmingham"
person: "ya"
me: "Ok can I book that for ten-past sev..."
*click*
me: "... en... You Twat!"

The git just hung up! anyway I phoned them back to confirm and thankfully I got through to a lady who could speak English. She confirmed it was on the system so we set off (since Jo had arrived while I was on the phone) we got to Jennys to find that there were now 2 taxis there! they had arrived early and the one driver phoned me just as I was getting out of my mums car. I told him that I was getting in to the closest one (since it was sleeting) and hung up. A2B then rang me whilst I was in the taxi to have a go at me for screwing with them...! I gave the woman on the other end an earful, saying that it wasnt my problem the system is crap and nobody undertands basic English and hung up... To add to the evenings frustration the Taxi driver we were ith didn't speak much English either!

We eventually got there and got in. We had a drink and went upstairs to the stage area. We had a compere and 3 acts and all of them were hilarious. The one guy was talking about childhood and crap toys (like remote control cars that had a wire conecting the handset and the car so you had to walk around with it) and the 3rd guy talked about skiing, and Teachers... All eyes on me, then! he also did a skit about learning martial arts and if there was one that taught you how to beat up a dog!? He decided on Kendo because you have a large stick, so if you're not very good and it looks like the dog is going to win, you can just throw the stick to distract the dog and make a run for it!

Genius!

Anyway after we had finished laughing like maniacs, and after the show had finished, it was time to set off for home... Or not! We ended up in the Red Lion and then went for a curry in the Shapla. We had a really good night out and after I had filled up on chicken curry ordered myself a taxi home.

I awoke Saturday and set about some chores... I needed a new cable for my 360, since mine had decided to die on me, along with a battery pack for the handset, since I had lost mine a few weeks ago. Comet was my port-of-call and I got the necessary ingredients for my gaming fix.

Anyway after playing Chromehounds for a bit (something which I haven't done in ages) I went over to Adams with a gamepad and we sat playing Conan. It's not a bad game, actually. The graphics are a bit PS2-ish but the gameplay is really good. I stayed until midnight and then left. I came home and went to bed...

This morning I got up relatively late which is why I am now hurrying to get this blog finished before I have to leave for the Legion...

... Which is now!

TTFN readers...

No comments: