Sunday, February 17, 2008

Plateonic Terraforming

Hello readers and welcome to another blog.

I begin, for a change, with last Tuesday (Since I blogged the Monday in my last post... You know, it was the day of utter catastrophe with my car.)

Ok, so Tuesday I got up and did vitually nothing all day exept play some Guitar Hero and some Blazing Angels. In the evening I went over to Adam and Marcus' house for more xbox related procrastination.

Wednesday... I pretty much did nothing except when nan and grandad arrived. I decided to wash up (seriously, it's come to this; blogging about "washing up" for christs sake! thats how unactive I become in the holidays.) and put all the crockery away before settling back down to watch some TV. I then went and did a few hours at the Legion, because they were under-staffed. In the evening I went down to fathers as usual. I watched Torchwood and then we stuck a Laurel and Hardy DVD on.

On Thursday the morning was spent on the internet trying to beat this damn quiz!
The evening was spent, as usual, in the Packhorse. There weren't to many of us this week, we were quite a small and select group. The only major difference was the heat... Or lack of it! The heating had broken so the place was freezing cold. As a result, it was fairly quiet in there. We had had enough by about 10:30pm though and everyone left. I came home and turned the TV on.

I sat watching Dave Gormans Googlewhack Adventure. It recounts his journey that started life as a drunken bet. Now for those of you who don't know what a Googlewhack is, let me explain:

It is simply two random (but real) english words that, when typed in to Google, without quotations, returns just ONE webpage. an example of this would be: Lipped Rejectivist The blue bar above Google's search results confirms the validity of this Googlewhack in two ways. 1) it says "returned 1-1 of 1 results", and 2) both words appear blue and underlined in the blue bar, meaning they can be linked to Google's all-encompassing dictionary. This is what must happen for a "true" Googlewhack.

I decided that I would make my blog a Googlewhack in itself. But that posed a problem... I first needed two English words that, when typed in to Google, returned NO results, and therefore would allow me to create a new Googlewhack...

... It took me the best part of 4 hours!

I sat typing all sorts of words in to Google to find an "open slot" as it were (incidentally, this process of elimination is called "whacking-off"!!! thanks wikipedia!) I was ready to give up when I found it! Two words that have never been combined on any web-page ever created... You already know what they are. Or at least you should do if you read the title...


plateonic terraforming
There we go! A brand-spanking-new Googlewhack has been born! (I just hope Google picks it up!) Ok, so enough of this tomfoolery...
Friday. Again, it was a bit of a nothing day. In the evening I went over to Adams and Marcus' but Marcus was out with Jenny at a show at the MAC. I sat watching Adam play Mass Effect whilst playing with his hamsters (no, it's not a metaphore...) Marcus and Jenny arrived a while later and we got down to the nitty-gritty of some Guitar Hero. After playing 'til our fingers bled we called it a night.
saturday morning I got up and played on t'internet for a bit until nan and granddad arrived with their new car! they had a Skoda Octavia estate but swapped it for a hatchback. Its quite nice inside (all jam and sponge! ha ha!.... no? oh, Ok then.) Selena turned up as usual and after nanny and granddad had gone we decided to take a trip to Shed-city in Shirley (I.e Argos, Comet etc.)
Selena needed a telephone because they now have a land-line in the flat, and I went along because I needed a foot-pump (since I now have a slow puncture in one of my tyres!) along with some new dustcaps and a wiperblade.
We did Argos first where Selena picked up her phone. We then went to Halfords and after some time I found the correct blade, cheap pump, and dust caps. We then went home and Selena shot back to the flat but said I was welcome to go round. I inflated my tyre, had a bite to eat and went over. We ended up playing Mario & Sonic at The Olympics on the Wii which I bought her for christmas, but had yet to have a go on it. The game in insanely difficult and I cannot see how children cope with it. After pulling every muscle in my arms, and sending my heart rate to never-before-seen limits I decided to stop incase I died!
Kieron told me that there is to be a Dragonball Z game coming to the Xbox 360 (AT LAST!) so we youtubed the trailer. As a life-long fan of Dragonball Z I watched with anticipation! We then put a few episodes on (since Kieron has them all on his PC) and relaxed until about 12:30am when we decided to call it a night.
This morning I got up and waited for dinner whilst I stared this blog...
... Which I have now finished!
TTFN readers.

No comments: