Monday, February 25, 2008

Preserve Reflect on Famous River

Hello readers and welcome to another installment

Let me start out by saying that this blog may become a little hurried and disjointed as I progress. This is for 3 reasons...

1. I can't remember what I did at the start of last week.
2. I fancy trying a slightly different format and writing style, and
3. It's late, I'm tired, and want to go to bed.

I will begin by telling you that after a week off work, Monday Morning felt like Beelzebub had risen from the depths of hell and ripped my eylids open with a red-hot pitchfork. I dragged myself to work, which I don't really remember, and then sort of dragged myself back home at 4:00pm. Now point number 1 above means that I will skip to Tuesday. (I think I went over to Adams, like usual on Monday.)

Getting up for work was slightly easier and I went in feeling quite good. At 4:30pm I made my usual getaway and in the evening... No! Wait! I've remembered what I did Monday! I did go over to Adams, and he lent me Fable for the xbox!... Sorry. I'll get back on track... In the evening I went back over to Adams (I think)

Wednesday, work was work, but alas, hometime was not hometime. I walked out of work to discover I had a flat tyre AND my car wouldn't start. Anne thankfully dropped me to the garage (because I thought I had just run my car out of petrol.) Well the extra fuel helped when I swung the engine over... I got it started, just and inflated my tyre. Anne followed me home (bless her cotton socks!) and I rumbled home knowing that something was definitely wrong with the engine...

In the evening I tried to go down to fathers, only to find that my car wasn't running properly! (yes, again!) It turns out that one of my sparkplugs wasn't firing and so my engine was running on 3 cylinders... And I had petrol backed up that had soaked the plugs and caused god-knows-what damage. Father came up to sort the problem and we got my car healthy again! I went down to his house as he was having problems with his computer, so I fixed it.

Ok, Thursday... I went down to the Packhorse as usual (though Lank didn't come out, as he had something on) where kate had a quiz for us! It gave a list of cryptic clues that related to band/singer names. If you would like to try it, go here (click the "click here" link in the larger grey box in the new page.) The title of my blog is one such clue! *

We spent a while pondering all 7 billion of them (Ok, that may be a slight exageration, but there were a lot!) before coming home with Jason and Gemma.

Friday and work flew by! The first week, Gone! woohoo! I, along with all the other staff, shot out of school at 3:30pm! In the evening I went with Donna to see a friend of mine play with his band in The Jug of Ale in Mosely. Matt, who is a fellow TA, and in my sisters year at Woodrush, and his band, The Rock Dogs, were headlining an evening of music so we popped along. Donna had never been to The Jug' before, and I knew how she liked a good "rock pub" I picked her up at about 8:00pm and we got to the pub for about 8:45pm. They played a really good set and I would suggest if you ever see them advertised, GO AND SEE THEM. They play some excellent songs, and do a mean cover or two.

After we had watched them, and well after the bar had stopped serving, me and Donna left and I dropped her back home. I then went straight home to bed.

Saturday was spent at home playing Fable with Selena and Nan, and granddad coming to visit asd usual. In the evening I went over to Solihull where we watched a bit of telly before going for a drink.

Ok, Sunday... And i'm getting tired sat here now... so this will be a quick round-off... I went to the Legion, came home, went to nans, and then back to the legion because one of the sixthformers has started work there and I wanted to wind her up! hee hee!

Ok... sorry I need my bed...

TTFN!


* Preserve reflect on famous river...

Preserve = Jam
Reflect = mirror
River = River Kwai

Jam-mirror-kwai...

... Jamiroquai !!!

No comments: