Monday, March 03, 2008

There's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake...

hello readers! Welcome once again to a spankingly good update from yours truly...

Lets crack on with Monday.

I went to work in the regular fashion and spent the day running around... Which was good because time seemed to fly by and I was out of the door before I knew it. In the evening I went with John over to Adam and Marcus' house where we watched some TV and played a bit of Xbox.

Tuesday, and work was the same. I got out for about 4:45pm and came home to watch some TV before going back out to Adams with John who had brought his Ricky Gervais DVD with him. The newest DVD: FAME is hilarious and I now want to watch "Politics" and "Animals" because I have never seen them. We called it a night at about 11:30pm and so we left.

Wednesday at work was a good day but I didn't leave until nearly 5:00pm due to a bit of training (every Wednesday we get talked to about how to do our jobs better!)

In the evening I went down to Fathers as usual. he had the football on so I witnessed "that" goal made by the GoalKeeper.

Thursday at work, time seemed to slow down from it's 3 day rush. I got out at 4:30 though and came home to play my Xbox for a bit. Lank picked me up at 8:00pm to take a trip down to the Packhorse as usual. It was a good evening filled with merryment, laughter, and song...

... Well, OK, not that much song.

We unofficially set up my Birthday arrangements (Which is on Saturday!) with the plan being to hit Solihull in the evening and have a bit of a crawl around the bars (In fact everyone is welcome to come along if they want to! Saturday 8th March, Solihull, 8:00pm-ish, meet in Weatherspoons!)

Friday. Last day of the week...

... It dragged.

I left at what felt like silly-o-clock, even though it was actually 3:30pm. I came home to relax and then went, with John, over to Marcus in Solihull. Now Mr Turbitt was not there, as he was going to London early the next morning and was his parents house for the night.

John had bought "The Orange Box" with him for the Xbox. Now for those of you who don't know, The Orange Box is the collective name for 5 games that come in one package, namely Half Life, Half Life 2.1, Half Life 2.2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. Now of these games there wa sonly one that captured my imagination to the point where I would buy the 5 games just to play the one: Portal. It's difficult, frustrating, time consuming, but most of all, it's BRILLIANT! No enemies, no complicated back-story, no frantic button pushing, just pure awsomness. Allow me to explain:

You play a person contained within a building made up of various rooms with each room connected by a lift. You are being tested on your logic-solving ability and must work out how to open the door, or sometimes simply traverse, each level. To help you do this you are equiped with a clever bit of kit. Namely a Portal gun. You can fire at a point on the wall to open an entrance portal, and fire again at a different spot to open an exit portal. Now this sounds like there is no challenge, since you can effectively go anywhere, but believe me it is! To give you an idea of how compicated it gets, let me tell you that the game is made up of only 19 rooms (plus a few after you complete the testing stages and find yourself roaming the "secret" rooms, and then a boss) and the only reward you are promised on completion of the game is some cake!

Anyway...

We got so far but time was against us so we left at a reasonable 12:30am.

Saturday. I got up early as me, mum, Selena, nan, and Grandad were going in to Birmingham so we could get mum a mothers day present, and mum could get nan a mothers day present. I picked Selena up and she handed me some CD's with the first 80 episodes of Dragonball Z on that Kieron had ripped for me. I then set off to Northfield to get my nan and Grandad, before setting off for Birmingham. We spent a good few hours wandering around various shops. Whilst in HMV I bought Run Fatboy Run on DVD. For those of you who haven't seen it, SEE IT! It is extremelly funny without being overly complicated. Anyone who finds Simon Pegg funny should definitley watch it.

In the evening I went with John back over to Solihull (seriously, it's like my second home!) to play some more Portal. Before this though we ordered in a chinese. I had cantonese style chicken and enjoyed every bit of it! Afterwards we watched a bit of TV and at 10:30pm Adam came back from his trip to London. We started playing Portal and got to the 14th room with little problem. It then turned up the complexity and we were soon arguing over the best way to complete each level. It was at this point that we all wanted to know (with the exception of John, since he had already completed it) what the end of the game was like. Level 16 came and went with about 20 minutes of thinking and 10 minutes of playing... 17 was tough, but we cracked it. 18... Very tricky. 19 was near impossible but I got through it after a few tries. We then had to run the "secret area" (i.e. the area of the building where your character "isn't supposed to go")

This took ages, and we were all very tired, but wanted to try to beat the game, so we pressed on. We eventually did it, but John had to beat the end boss because it requires accuracy and timing... The two things I haven't got a lot of!

To cut a long story short, we ended up leaving at about 2:30am!

I awoke on Sunday at about 11:00am. Nan and Grandad came up to the house, watched us eat dinner, and then it was time to do my usual stint at the legion. I went in for 2:30pm as usual to find the club quite devoid of any custom. There were about 5 people in the club. Rather fortunately it started to pick up until we were nicely busy! I left at 7:00pm and watched a couple of DBZ episodes before going to my nans for tea as usual.

Ok. Thats where I will leave you. I have to tidy the living room as Adam and John are coming to my house for a change, and the living room currently resembles a film set from Independance Day.


TTFN readers.


... And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive!

No comments: