Monday, February 11, 2008

Ah, solitude...

Hello readers and welcome once again to another thrilling episode of my blog.

Lets begin, shall we?

Monday morning was the begining of the last week of the half term. It went really quickly as well which was a bonus so at 4:30 I left and went home. In the evening I went over to pick Jo up to see Cloverfield. We met Adam in the Masons and after a quick drink we went across to the cinema.

Now for those of you who haven't seen Cloverfield, let me tell you this: It leaves you with more questions than answers. So if you have been wondering what all the fuss was and want to see it just to find out what it all is, then prepare yourselves for dissapointment. Those of you who want to see it because it's a kick-ass monster movie, go and see it, it's brilliant!

After the film, I dropped Jo home and went home to bed.

Tuesday at work was spent trying to sort the stock out for the year 11 mock exams which start soon. I got a fair bit of work done and at 4:30 left as usual. In the evening I went over to Adams and Marcus' for an Xbox fix.

Wednesday at work was a bit different. I was sat in on 2 SATS tests (I love being able to juggle with the future of smaller people... MUAHAHAHAHA!... Hmm... Maybe saying that in interviews is where I've been going wrong... Just a thought!)

Anyway it broke the day up and at 4:30 I left. In the evening I went down to fathers as usual for a bit of telly. I also fixed a slight issue with his PC and then left to meet Donna in the Swan for the last hour...

... That reminds me. I've got to phone her... I'll do it now, hang on!



... No answer, I've left a message!

After the drinks, I went home to play a bit of Call of Duty 4 before going to bed.

Thursday at work was interesting. I realised that I had sold myself short on oil pastels in the art department! I put them on a requesition form and put it in the appropriate draw... We will have them on the Monday we get back.

In the evening I went with Lank to the Packhorse as usual. Most of the evening was spent playing the games machine. We won about a fiver after putting about £15 in (between about 6 of us.) Jason and Gemma were out in force again which was nice, I hope they make it a regular thing. We left at about 12:00-ish and I came home to play a bit of Call of Duty before bed.

Ah, Friday. No kiddies in school because they had finished. It was a Teacher Training Day so everyone was in normal clothes. After the powerpoint presentations and the food, we split in to our respective departments to do some departmenty-type-stuff. I was away for 3:00pm... Magic!

In the evening I went over to Adams and Marcus' because Carl was back for the weekend! The plan was to go for a curry but people had already eaten. We watched a bit of telly and played a bit of Guitar Hero 3 before we called it a night at 12:30am.

Ah, Saturday (this is where it gets interesting) The plan was to take my car down to the garage to have my aloy put back on from when I had my blow out. I took it down to Kings Heath and the guy sorted me a new tyre. He was in the middle of taking off my spare when *CRUNCH* "Oh bollocks, mate. D'y'know y' springs gone?"

"... Pardon me? what? No?... What?"

Basically, there must have been a crack in my near-side front spring, and it has shattered when the goon was taking off my wheel. It was driveable (just) but it meant that he couldn't put my alloy back on (because it was a bigger radial than the spare and it would have caught the edge of the broken spring) so he ordered me a new shock absorber and told me to come back Monday (i.e. today) I went home and sat playing Blazing Angels, just because I haven't played it in a while. In the evening the plan was to go for a curry, but because of my car, Carl kindly picked me up. Carl, myself, Adam, Jenny, and Marcus went to Cafe Saffron in Knowle. I had never been before but it is a really nice place. Check it out. After the feast we came back to solihull to watch Blade Runner on DVD. Carl had gotten the new boxed set "final directors super duper cut" of the film for christmas so we put it on. Afterwards he dropped me home.

Sunday. I had dinner at 1:00pm and then went to the legion for my weekly stint. It was quite quiet and not a lot happened. I was out for 7:00pm. I then got a lift down to my nans for tea as usual, and Selena dropped me back home at about 10:30pm

Ok. Today... Monday... I got up to take my car down to the garage for the new shock it required. However. Before i could do that, I had to de-ice my car. So I turned the engine on and put the heaters to maximum, then got out of my car with my scrapper. Big Mistake! A gust of wind blew my door shut... Now obviously this isn't a problem since the car needs to be locked with the key and doesn't just lock itself automatically... That would be silly...

"zzzt-click!"

??????????

"WHAT-THE!?"

Somehow, due to either the cold, or god not liking me, the central locking system decided it was getting bored and so decided to play all by its self. Yup! The engine was on, the doors were shut, and the car had locked itself!

It took me a good few minutes to realise that I had a spare key hanging in the kitchen, AND that there is the spare key to the front door! PHEW! Crisis averted... yes?

... Well no, actually. Keep reading...


I set off for the garage and got there in good time. I told the bloke on the desk what I was here for...

"yuh-what? Spring? Mondeo? You Sure?" was the response I got. He looked in the book for my name and when he found it, he put a big cross through it!

He then told me that whoever had ordered me a new spring was, and I quote "A right dozey tw*t" because they dont have a spring compressor to fit it with! He suggested I try Addison road garage. I popped round the corner and they told me they could do the job £20 cheaper and I am to go back tomorrow... So I left fairly happy (ok, I have to wait another day but it saves me £20) and decided to go home. I was on the bypass when there was a scraping noise, a mild crunch, and then my car had a heart-attack and died!

Problem 1: The broken spring was rubbing the tyre. Problem 2: Somehow, the jolt my car had suffered from the friction on the tyre had caused the ECU to think I was having a crash and had tripped the emergency fuel switch. I just, and I mean *JUST* managed to coast it half way on to a lay-by on the A435. I had to push it a few feet to make sure no-one was going to smash in to the back of me and then I phoned the RAC.



The RAC van arrived and the guy got under my car to throw the fuel switch back over. So I now had power but the spring was still to close to the tyre to drive so he decided to tow me at slow speed back home. He did and I thanked him...

... I came in and started blogging...

... Now I'm going to hide in a ditch somewhere. hang on, Donna is phoning me back...



... Sorry. Yes, I'm off to hide in a ditch somewhere incase anything else goes wrong today!

TTFN readers!

5 comments:

This_boy's_in_love said...

Man, how can u remember everything u've done during the week? )amazing, i dont remember what was yesterday

Gareth said...

Sometimes I don't remember and phone people for reminders! It's nice when readers leave comments. How did you come by my blog? Are you a regular reader, or did you find me by accident?

This_boy's_in_love said...

now i am regular reader, ive just updated my blog, havent written der for ages man.

i just was looking for somebody from brum, so ifound you)

seriously i have very very short memory, for names especially=(

Gareth said...

Wow. I hope you find who it is you are looking for.

This_boy's_in_love said...

haha yeah, tnx=)