Sunday, July 29, 2007

Achtung! Gaz Within!

Hello readers, and welcome back for this weeks adventure…

Are you ready?

Good!

I will crack on with last Monday. During the day I didn’t do much…

In the evening, me, Adam, Carl, Jo, Marcus, and Jenny went to the Greville Arms to do the quiz. We didn’t do to badly, but we didn’t do to well either!

On Tuesday I spent most of the day browsing the interweb and watching rather strange videos on Youtube. Since I was going to watch Transformers on Friday I was looking at clips of some of the cartoons, but came across a rather funny, video… Have a look…





Quite catchy!

In the evening I went with Donna to the Harvester in Solihull where we met up with her friend, Jen’ who I met when I saw Donna dance at the Library theatre. We had a laugh and stayed in there until about 11:30pm when we decided to leave. Jen’ hopped in “Valerie” (her car!) and I dropped Donna home.

Wednesday daytime was spent round at Selenas again. I helped design Kieron a custom paintjob for one of the many sports cars he owns on Forza Motorsport 2. It’s quite difficult, but some people manage to get spectacular results. If you don’t believe me, have a look: Clicky

In the evening I went down to fathers as usual. There was a Top Gear special on, and it was a race to the north-pole between Jeremy and James in a Toyota Hi-lux and Richard with a team of dogs! Quite funny in parts, especially when Jeremy shot james’ tin of spam!

Anyway, on to Thursday… Me, Selena, and Kieron went to Warwick Castle! It rained for most of the time we were there, though. Fortunately most of it is indoors anyway. The big let-down was that due to the heavy rain, their new exhibition, the firing of a real trebuchet, was cancelled! To cheer myself up I paid to have a go with a real longbow! Now I used to do archery when I was younger, but I had never fired a longbow before. It was a pretty cool experience since the arrows left much faster than a regular bow, and they tore through the targets (when I hit them!)

We had a good look round, paid for the ghost tower tour, and tried on some medieval hats! In fact, I have some photo’s for you, dear reader… Take a gander below…


The organ in the chapel (Posted just because I know Marcus reads this!)



Countess Selena of Lazy Hill posing in a classic helmet... battle-chic!

Sir Kieron of Lazy Hill Demonstrating his "mad-eye" stare!

This is just a bit of the castle... Enjoy.



Most enjoyable! In the evening I went to the packhorse as usual, where I told a bold tale of the days adventures to the usual gang. Actually we had quite a relaxed Thursday this week. It was quite nice.

Friday was the day I had been waiting for! I make no reservations about the fact that as a child I was a HUGE transformers fan. Everything I learned about friendship, self worth, pride, and courage, I learned form Optimus Prime… And it has done me in good stead. So I have been gearing up to watch the new film for ages, and Friday was the day I was watching it. Me, Selena and Kieron went to the AMC cinema in town. The plan was to see Transformers, and then go in to see the Simpsons Movie. Transformers was excellent, although Michael Bay seems to be a fan of the “lets shake the camera during the fight scenes to make it look more intense” school of directing, which is cool, but only if you can actually see what is going on during the whole shaking thing… Which you cant always do. Still, it was a great film. Afterwards we went in to see the Simpsons. Again it is a great film, with lots of laughs. Although I can’t believe they show Bart fully naked… And Homer giving the middle finger was a bit surprising… But hey, I suppose they can get away with it on the big screen. After we left the cinema, I dropped Selena and Kieron back and shot off to Tescos to get Gemma and Woody a present for their engagement party. I got a bottle of Champagne and some glasses, since I couldn’t really think of anything else to get them! I got to Adams for about 7:30pm and we were given a lift to the Silhill Football club where the party was. It was a great atmosphere and they had a live band on to provide music! As the night carried on past closing time, the bar staff left… Fortunately Glenn, who is one of Jo and Gemmas friends, is the captain of Silhill FC and has the keys to the bar… Plus the authority to open it! Now all they needed was someone with some good bar experience to serve….

… Hmmm?

… That would be me then! Well, actually, most people had a go at some point, but I enjoyed the bit of bar work I did. We left and me, Carl, and Adam (I think, I was 3 parts gone at this point) ended up back at Jo’s house, and then I ended up sleeping at Carls on the Sofa… Carl warned Jenny and Marcus of this by placing a note on the living room door… (Read the title of the blog, again)

I awoke early Saturday (damn!) as mummy picked me up from Carls. I was still a bit wobbly, but hey… Who isn’t after a night of Carling!?

When I got home I noticed a note for me in the porch. Pat next door had a problem with her PC. It wasn’t booting up properly so she wondered if I could go and have a look at it. I ended up fiddling with it for about 3 hours, before finally being able to load safe mode, where I did a system restore. I still don’t know what caused it to fail in the first place, I just hope it doesn’t happen again!

In the evening Myself, Daniel, Adam, and Carl went to see Transformers! (The others hadn’t seen it, and I wanted to see it again anyway!) We went for a 9:45pm showing at Solihull and were in the Deluxe screen! After a slight fracas involving the seating, we were sat near the front. When the film started, it was in the wrong aspect ratio. Fortunately someone told them and they corrected it!

I re-enjoyed the film. I might get it on DVD when it comes out…

Anyway, we left at about 1:00am and I dropped Dan back.

This morning, I awoke and have done very little except write this blog… But I’m going to have to sign off now because I am working at the Legion in a bit. (Emergency cover, someone somewhere is off ill.)

Anyway, TTFN, readers!

No comments: