Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What? You mean there was a Willy Wonka before Johnny Depp?

Hello readers and welcome to a slightly late blog. Although, in my defence it is late for an important reason… You see if I had blogged on Sunday, as usual, then the photo’s which are part of this wouldn’t have been taken, and you would have had to wait a week to see them…

But first, let me go back to the beginning of last week…

Monday morning. The school play was drawing closer and I had a set to finish painting. The white washing had been done and I had started marking out where certain colours were going. Al my designs were looking good on paper and now all I had to do was paint it all up…

… So at 3:00pm I went down to the hall to discover that brushes had been left to dry up and so had the rollers… I gave them all an emergency soak and set to work. I left at about 5:00pm to get some tea and get out of my paint-stained clothes!

In the evening I went out with Donna to the Drawbridge. I was driving so she could have a drink or 4. At about 10:00pm she had a text from a work collegue who said he was coming to pick her up! I suppose it meant that I didn’t have to drop her home (but did you consider that I might have wanted to take you home, Miss Pickard?)

Anyway, she text me at god-knows what time thanking me for an enjoyable evening, so I guess I’m not completely hopeless at taking women out for a drink (women of the world, take note!)

Tuesday at work, I did more painting on set, as well as the odd cover lesson. More paint, more people, more mess!

Tuesday evening was interesting… Or at least I think it was… I can’t quite remember what we all did! John’s blog will tell you… Go there now to find out (but come back here afterwards, I haven’t finished yet)

Wednesday… More painting. In the evening I went down to fathers as usual.

On Thursday I decided to get some serious painting done! But I was “Helped” by a load of kiddies. Mark, who had found some cheap spray paint, decided it would be better to spray everything… Now this was a slight problem for 2 very specific reasons.

1) Spray paints didn’t match the matt colours I had chosen for the colour scheme
2) He decided to give the spray paint to kiddies who didn’t know HOW to spray paint.

Mark built the set and I think he wanted to help further... Not that he hasn’t, in fact other than Craig Hall (drama teacher and director of the play) Mark has done the most work out of everyone… He has got great enthusiasm and wants the play to do really well… But I have A DEGREE IN ART, and great enthusiasm and want the play to do really well… The kiddies started spraying things and basically, although they meant well, and I’m grateful of the support, it was one of those situations where I wished everyone would just piss-off and let me do what I do best. Actually it must be said that there were a few people genuinely helping and doing a good job… And guess what? They were all using brushes, and under MY direct supervision.

In the evening I was glad to go down to the Packhorse. I was in need of a pint or 3.

Ok, Friday… Was basically a full days painting! In fact I managed to GET IT ALL DONE!!! Woohoo! The only thing left was the giant Wonka Bar, which I wanted to do at home. Also I took home a load of questionnaires to put in to excel. The school needed them done and I had no time to do them whilst I was there so I just snatched them with the promise they would return all nice and tidy first thing Monday morning… So that’s what my weekend consisted of. Wonka bars and spreadsheets! I did take time out to go to see shrek 3 with Dan, and popped in to a party at my sisters house on saturday . It was a friends birthday and they had a pinata! Like a pro' I got the ol' phone out to video it!




... Why do I sound like a dick?

Moving on to Sunday I spent the whole day doing spreadsheets until I went down my nans. Afterwards Selena came back to help me finish my torture that is Microsoft Excel.
On Monday, i.e. yesterday, I took all my work back to school. The wonka bar was finished and so was my sexy little data sheet! It does look pro' I must admit. I hated doing it, but it will be the best department data sheet in school!
Ok, you may have noticed I'm sort of rushing through this now... thats because I am going to see the school play in a bit! It is the first showing and i want to see how it has all turned out... And remember those pictures I mentioned at the start? the ones i delayed my blog for? well here they are...
Ladies and Gentlemen... The set of Willy Wonka, as imagined by myself....

The gates to the factory. (the other side becomes the glass elevator. I will get you a pic' of that because it looks really good!)


The chocolate shop


The Bucket family bed (those are my handprints)


The Bucket family door (the other side is the door to the invention room at the factory)

Also, in art club (which I have been neglecting due to my set-painting) some of the kiddies have decided the door to A1 needs brightening up... So...


They have painted Goku on it! The 2 responsible have done a good job, and we now officially have the coolest door in school!

Right. I will have to sign off readers, I have a play to watch!

TTFN...


No comments: