Monday, August 06, 2007

You're reading to much in to it! It's poetic!

Hello readers. Yep, it’s that time again…

Lets crack on…

Well, on Monday I spent most of the day being lazy, and didn’t really do much until the evening when the usual crowd went over to carls for a few rounds of Xbox action, finished off with some “retro” gaming… (Super Smash Brothers for the Gamecube, played on the Wii)

We stayed until about 12:00 midnight but went home when the bright colours of the TV made it impossible to keep our eyes open…

Tuesday daytime was spent doing much the same as Monday. In the evening everyone went round to Johns for a change. I took my Xbox and Carl bought his link cable, so we ended up having 4 player link matches on Halo 2… Ah, just like old times!

Ok, and on to Wednesday. I woke up late and decided that I wouldn’t spend the day siting around watching telly… I went to get my haircut and afterwards I dropped my old TV, video player, and hi-fi (which are all very old and no longer work) to Lifford lane tip… Well that’s all I could come up with to get out of the house.

In the evening I went down to fathers as usual.

Thursday was interesting… Sort of. I was browsing the interweb and came across a free online game called Travian. You basically get to build and manage a little village. It isn’t a fast paced game, in fact it takes quite a long time to build and upgrade stuff. It’s free to play, and ideal for taking my mind off the fact that I have nothing to do! (If you’re in to your Sim games, but find them too fiddly, check Travian out.)

Thursday night was spent in the Packhorse as usual. Our usual table was taken, so we were forced in to the corner by the fireplace… But that was Ok. Actually, Thursday marked the arrival of a long-time-no-see honorary member of the group: Lank’s friend, Jo. The last time I saw her was at Jasper Carrots Chrismas Cracker at the NEC last year! I’m glad she came out as she’s a really good laugh, and we often have each other in stitches!

On Friday, again, not much happened during the day. Later though, me, father, my nan, and my aunt went for a meal at the Packhorse. (Voucher… 4 meals for the price of 2… Bargain!) Afterwards we went down to my nans for a bit of cake. I then dropped father home and shot up to the Red Lion in Shirley, as Jo (not Lanks friend, Jo, but my friend, Jo) text me to ask if I’d like to go for a quick drink. I decided that I would go for the last hour, but not stay to long as I was feeling a bit tired…

… At 2:00am after a lock-in I decided it was time to leave! Most of the others went for a curry but I went home to bed.

Ok, and on to Saturday. I got up early (d’oh!) to go with mum and Selena in to Birmingham so that she could decide what we were going to buy her for her birthday. (Her birthday was a few weeks a go but she was on holiday at the time)

After some careful thought she decided that shoes would be the answer! So she picked out a couple of pairs and me and Selena paid for them. I then had a wander round the shops looking for clothes for Turkey (less than 2 weeks, now… Woohoo!) I got a couple of pairs of shorts, a shirt, a pair of combats (which I’m not sure about) and a t-shirt made form very fine material which is quite difficult to get on, because there is no stretch in the fabric (again, I’m not sure about it.)

When we got home, nan and granddad were there as usual with a doughnut for everyone! Later on it was time for the barbecue round at Carl and Marcus’ house. There were quite a few people there, but that was no problem, as there was a ton of food to get through. Kebabs, burgers, chicken breasts, the lot… We devoured a good portion of it, too! When the eating was over, and some people had left, we decided that it would be a good idea to play Guitar Hero 2 on Carls 360. I had brought my guitar controller so we could have multiplayer! It was a good laugh. We then decided to play Donkey Konga! I haven’t played that for a few years so that was fun! And to round off the evening we watched Pan’s Labyrinth. I had never seen it before, but it is quite good… Subtitled from Spanish, it’s about a girl who is the embodiment of a princess from a fantasy land… It sounds corny, but it is done really well. At 3:30am we decided it was time to go home! I dropped John and Amanda off and got home to beddie-byes.

Ah, Sunday… I was browsing the interweb for most of the day whilst looking forward to the evening… Me, Lank, Jason, Donna, Gemma, and Jo were going to the Barfly to watch Adrenaline play. My Ma’ gave me, Lank, and Donna a lift to Brum’ where we met up with Jason and Gem’, and a little later with Jo. Nicola was already at the venue helping to set up. The first 3 bands on were good, although the second one was from the “I know, if we shout as loud as possible, then it will drown out our individually miss-matched playing styles” school of music! Adrenaline were on last because they were headlining the evening. They played a good set, but they deserved more people there… The atmosphere wasn’t quite as grand as I would have liked. Spike said after the show that he was pissed-off all the way through it… I thought it went down OK though. Afterwards Me and Jo got a bite to eat while we waited for the taxi. Jo got in one to go to Yardley, Me, Donna, and Lank got in one to come back to Wythall, and Spike dropped Jason and Gemma off, due to Gem’ not feeling so good. Because our taxi driver had the worst sense of direction ever, I decided to direct him to my house, and I would run Donna and Lank to their respective homes, which I did, before coming home to go to bed!

… And that just about wraps it up, readers. Next week will be my last blog before I go to Turkey! So you will have to wait for a catch-up session on the 26th of August. Although I’m sure it will be a monster-blog since I will have all the holiday photo’s for you!

Right. That’s it for another week… TTFN readers

No comments: