Sunday, August 12, 2007

One week to go. One week to go....

Hello readers. Welcome once again to my little blog.

As you know (or you will do if you had read my previous post) this will be my last blog before going to Turkey next week. This means that there will be no update until 26th of August…

If, for some daft reason you are addicted to reading my blog, lap it up now to get your fix! (I will make it easier by adding visual media for you to look at, readers)

Ok, on with the show…

Monday was spent phoning round some of the Universities to ask for application forms. It’s the time of year when I apply to get on the GTP course that I want to do, and have been trying to get on for 3 years. I have made myself a promise this time though… If I don’t get a place now, ready to start in September 2008 I won’t apply next year. I will quit the teaching profession and get a job in an office somewhere…

… There, I’ve said it!

Monday evening was spent doing the quiz at the Greville. Me, Adam, Carl, Kate, and Niccola formed a quiz team, the likes of which the world had never seen!!!

i.e. one that ignores half the questions and gets bored by round 4!

We had a good evening, though which was the main thing.

Tuesday was a lazy day. In the evening, due to a breakdown in comms’ we nearly ended up not doing anything until Carl, Adam, and Marcus showed up at my house with an xbox pad and halo 2 in a bag! After a bit, though, we lost interest blowing things up and went for a swift half down at the swan. Afterwards Adam and Carl wanted to go home, but me and Marcus decided, randomly, that we would go for a curry down at Millenium Balti by the Maypole. I’m glad we did because it was a really nice meal, and we had the restaurant to ourselves…

… A bit gay, but hey-ho I got my curry, so I’m not complaining!

Wednesday was spent on the PC uploading photos to Facebook. In fact I would like to announce that I have officially defected from Myspace. I will still check my profile from time-to-time but Facebook is far superior.

In the evening me and Father went to watch a dirtbike rally down near Hopwood (No, not the service station!) There were about 9 races, all over a large man-made dirt track in the middle of a field.

Now at the beginning of this blog I promised some visual eye-candy and this is the bit where that happens… I have photo’s and videos for you readers!









And now for some cool sunset photography I did, just to be a bit arty!





Well after the races had finished we made a sharp dash to the car to beat most of the rush getting out of the one exit gate! After getting back to fathers, and watching a bit of telly, I came home to beddie-byes.

Ah, Thursday. During the day I went in to Kings Heath to get my holiday money. It felt good walking away with 490,000,000 Lira, (although they have got rid of the zero’s so it looks like a mere 490) I had a browse around the shops for a bit (and nearly bought an acoustic guitar in the process!) before coming home. In the evening we went to the packhorse as usual, though there was a distinct lack of people. It turned out to be just, Me, Lank, Niccola, Kate (for 10 minutes before she went home) Benji. Marcus and Carl turned up for about 9:30, and Daniel made an appearance at about 10:00…

… Actually that’s 8 people… That’s quite a lot…

… Ah, well…

We had a good laugh. It was nice sitting outside underneath the heaters.
Lank dropped me home at about 12:30 and I spent a couple of hours browsing the interweb. Mainly funny things on youtube… Like this peculiar video…



Clever! By altering the modulation frequency, and the amplitude of the carrier wave along a series of conductors, we can now make lightning sing... (Not even God thought of doing that!)

Friday was spent doing nothing until late afternoon when I went round to Adams and we then went round to Carls… I think! Anyway whatever I did, I had a great time doing it….

Saturday morning, I woke up and went over to Adams to find him frantically trying to obtain a five star rating on “Can’t you hear me knockin’?” by the Rolling Stones on Guitar hero 2. After watching him for a bit, and whilst waiting for Carl, I assisted. When Mr Notman did turn up we went to Brum’ because Adam and carl needed some holiday clothing… I had got mine the week previous, but I went with them just to get out of the house for a few hours.

We had a good time in town, and even though I already had everything I needed for the holiday, I bought a cap and a T-shirt from Burtons anyway. When we went to goet something to eat, we were approached by a rather attractive young lady who said “Would any of you be interested in free beer?”

… Silly woman…

You can guess what our answer was! We went over to the stand by the art gallery with the wristbands she had provided us with and got a cup of that new Carlsberg Edge stuff. It’s not bad. I couldn’t drink pints of the stuff, though. After out free beer we wandered around HMV before going back to Solihull. We decided, in the evening, to have some grub down at The Boat Inn in Catherine De Barnes. T’was good! I had sausage and mash. After the grub, Adam had to pick his folks up from the airport and so he left. Me, Marcus, and Carl stayed for another drink before I dropped them back home and came home to have a kip on the couch, since the combination of walking round in the sun, and a large meal, had made me rather lethargic! I shot home, and crashed out for a bit before my phone rang. It was Kate wanting to know why I had left, when her and Jenny were on their way to Solihull to meet up with us!

Since I was feeling more awake I shot back over to the Greville, which is where they were. I walked in at about 11:15pm! Fortunately they serve until 12:00 midnight, although that didn’t matter since Marcus had already ordered me a Guinness and Black! It’s nice to walk in to a pub to find a drink waiting for you! We had a good natter and a laugh. Towards the end of the evening we found ourselves playing the quiz machine… Right up until the point where we were being shuffled out the door because the staff wanted to go home! We sat outside for a bit talking about the holiday, before going home to bed. Whilst we were in there, though, I gott his rather nice photo of the two lovebirds...


(Jenny's parents always reminded her, not to go out without her cap!)

This morning, I awoke to blog, before I go out. I’m off to do the Maize Maze in Earlswood in a bit… In fact as I’m sat here typing with my right hand, I’m talking to John with my left….

… I mean I’m holding my phone in my left hand, it’s not like my fingers are mobile communication devices…!

Right… and to top it all off, dinner is ready!

I will leave you there, readers.

TTFN (for 2 weeks!)

No comments: