Monday, March 27, 2006

Money for nothing...

Hello readers. Well a wek has passed and so here I am again. I have begun the countdown to finishing at the legion, and have finally started my maths course. My first task was to take 4 practice tests to determine my average level. I passed all of them, so that should make the actual course shorter, since I don't have to do any of the basic stuff... Sweet!

On another high note, the Union of Educational Support Staff (which up until now I have never heard of), and the GMB have planned a strike for tomorrow. Since that immediately eliminates about a third of all Woodrush staff from actually working, they have decided to close the school for the day... But since MY union isn't on strike (I think... I can't remember which one I'm in.) I am still eligible for pay! In laymans terms "Paid for having a day off!"

I can wake up at 10:00am tomorrow and will have been paid for an hours sleep! How cool is that!?

Continuing my unusual streak of goodlyness, I am currently working on a painting of a rose for one of my collegues. Tracey at school has seen a print of one in Next for about £40. I told her that I can paint her one for half that price so thats what I'm doing. I have already sketched out the outline to get the size right. It's not the clearest of photos' but here it is so far.



It looks OK and it should come out quite nice. Uploading it was a chore though, I had to load every photo of my phone memory since the pictures are saved as numbers, not as the file names. In doing so I found a few gems that I had forgotten about. Since I haven't got a limit on time or resources, I can happily share them with you... (you lucky people, you)

On with the show!

Here's a quick sketch I did of Daniel. He has never seen it!


Here is a photo of Lank aged about 8 or 9. The photo is of another photo, belonging to the Adam Turbitt collection.

And finally, here's a photo I took of myself on my birthday.... I was a little bit drunk.


Well readers, Thats all for now. See you next week....

TTFN

1 comment:

Sel said...

Groovy photo gaz ( I thought you always look like that! hehehe)

Wish I could have a random day off ...hmmm. *goes to find some petrol and a match*