Thursday, February 23, 2006

My week in words... And a picture! (but not a very nice one)

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday dear
Garethsbrain
Happy birthday to you

Yes readers, this blog is 1 year old today! It may not be the cleverest website. It may not win any awards for the number of hits it gets per month, but it's my own little corner of the internet and I love it to bits...

... Right, that the sentimental bollocks out of the way. Lets blog on.

Well it's been a WEEK since my last update and I'm still not a millionaire playboy, married to a lingerie model... Life can be so cruel.

During the half-term holidays I got all nice and relaxed. I spent my days doing as little as possible and taking interesting trips out. On the thursday I picked John up because I was feeling artistic and wanted to take some photographs somewhere to paint from. We ended up at Sarehole Mill but it was sodding-well shut until the spring. It was at this point that I felt a sudden urge for some chocolate. Now I realise that I could have stopped at the shops. I realise that any newsagents sell chocolate bars but I was bored. And when I'm bored I go a bit silly and do things just at random.....

..... So I bought one from Cadbury World! Yep. I drove over to Bournville (with John) just to purchase a single bar of Choccy. Whilst there he spoke of a magical vehicle. A car so outrageous that it could only have been made by pixies in an enchanted factory.... The Cadburys Cream Egg Car!!! could such a thing exist? Is there really a car shaped like a Cadburys cream egg? I drove round the factory grounds hunting for this rare specimen. Finally I gave up my search and I said to him that this must surely be myth!... But 'er it isn't because
here's a picture of it.

On Friday I got up and phoned John again, wondering what adventure we would have this time. We ended up in Stratford-Upon-Avon... Eventually. I set off for Stratford but when we actually got there, there was nowhere to park. After half-an-hour of driving round I found a secluded pub just over the canal from the main shopping area. We parked and went in for a pint. There were some drunken men in tatty clothes playing darts.... Well I say "playing" darts, it was more like they were randomly chucking the darts around, and if any of them happened to land near the dartboard they would scribble on the chalkboard next to it... I'm not sure how they would score if they actually hit the chalkboard, although I'm sure they would have found a way. We left after our drinks and walked around for an hour admiring the views and stopping off at shops to gawp at what was on sale. I then got hungry...

... Very hungry.

Luckily I know a nice pub by the canal (The Red Lion... Ooh, thats original) where me and my dad have stopped many-a-time before for some grub. John had scampi (I think) and I had the 12oz fillet steak and chips. It was lovely. I then had the "3 choice dessert" which was a small slice of cheesecake, a small slice of chocolate gateau, and a small slice of chocolate pudding all served on one plate, it's basically for people who can't make up their mind, or for greedy bastards... Being the type of person who falls nicely in to both of those categories, it was the perfect option. We then went home because I had work.

The weekend was crap. I'm not blogging it.

I woke up bright and early Monday morning because I was back at work for our "teacher training" day (snigger, snigger) I put on a nice fresh shirt, my grey trousers and set off in the cold. When I got to Woodrush I discovered that everyone else was wearing jeans, big jumpers, scarves, and hats.... No uniform required.... Shite. I thought to myself "I look like a tit" and shot back home (at a speed I'd rather not mention) to get changed. I got back to school 10 minutes, and several layers of clothing later. It was a good thing to because the heaters were off and the school hall was like a refrigerator... a really really good one, too. After the speeches about education and national statistics we split in to our departments and had the department meetings. (Of which I am more involved.) I got out of Woodrush at about 1:30 so I decided to go and enrol on the Numeracy course at Monyhull. (I know I said it was pointless because I can't do the GTP but I might as well do it because it will need doing sooner-or-later.) I am waiting on my password to the system so I can start learning online (woohoo!)

On Tuesday I woke up to find a dead Magpie underneath my window, on the garage roof. I don't know if one of my cats is responsible but it seems more than likely. I took a photo of it... Don't ask me why.


Sorry about the slight blurryness of it, I took it whilst kneeling out my window at 7am... I had forgotten that there WAS a 7am!

Hey. This is my first photoblog in quite a while. They have been "text only" recently haven't they?

Well let us leave this sad little scene and move on.





In the evening I met Kate and Corrine from college for a drink in the Coach House in Solihull. We had a few drinks and then went over to Whetherspoons for something to eat because Corrine was feeling hungry (a woman after my own heart) I decided to join her and had steak (for the second time in one week.) When it was time to go i got a hug off Kate, with the promise of meeting up sometime in the next few weeks in Wythall. Corrine is on a PGCE and placed at Baverstock School so I can meet her in the Swan and Kate can come and meet us (since she can now drive) which will be nice.

Wednesday was a typical day at school and by lunchtime I was ready for another holiday. My prayers for a nuclear holocaust went unanswered and so I didn't get out untill 3:30. In the evening I went to fathers house for a couple of hours and then went to the Swan to meet Jason and Benji. Julia and Dianne turned up a little later and much fun was had by all.

I will be getting merry in there again later so I had better sign off and have something to eat... I might phone John and see if he has had Battlefield 2 delivered yet. He ordered it a week ago and I'd like to try it out. If it's any good I might get it.

Ah well. TTFN readers.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Magpies dont taste much like pies to me.