Thursday, February 02, 2006

February is all about random occurances

Ah yes readers, 'tis true. The title alone is proof...

... Sorry, I'm not sure why I did that. Anyway, I have been trying my best to get on a maths course (if you can't remember why, scroll down and read my previous post.) I found a loveley little course through ICS training that would be just the thing... But it cost £270.00! Fortunately a similar course, run by learn direct, is virtually free... But do you think I can contact the person in charge of my local Learn Direct Centre? No. My only option was to go and find the place on Monday (it is on Monyhull Road) but by the time I got there at 4:20, the reception was closed... Shite! So I went on Tuesday. I raced out of Woodrush and shot down the Alcester Road. I then proceeded to race up Bells lane, slowing down only momentarily to avoid running over a gormless looking Baverstock pupil. I got in to the car park at 3:20 and, fortunately the reception was open. I spoke to a rather polite lady who obviously, at some point in her life, had traded in her brain for a bag of clay...

After a rather long-winded conversation about people who I needed to contact, I was given the extension number for the lady who ran the adult maths and numeracy courses. She then told me that this lady was "in the office from 9 'till about 3-ish." This is just crap because I don't get out of Woodrush until 3:15. I will have to phone her during the day tomorrow. (I didn't get chance yesterday because I had an hour off work to go to a funeral.)

Changing the topic entirely, It was my nans Birthday yesterday! She was 82. We went for a Balti at Kings Balti in Kings Heath. My cousin rachel organised it all and I was told that this restaurant was "one of the best Baltis in Birmingham".....

.... Clearly my cousin doesn't go for Baltis very much. The food was good, but it was dingy and the waiter was an arsehole. Next time I will take them to Bano Phool in Rubery. Not only is the food top notch, the guys there are a real laugh. The skiing party always goes there before a holiday... Which brings me neatly to my next topic...

... Father and the lads went skiing last Saturday. I dropped him at the airport and said hello to everyone. Unfortunately, less than 3 days later dad rang and said that Steve had a bad fall and cracked a rib! So thats his holiday over. It's a real shock too, because out of everyone Steve is just about the best skiier in the group.
I have to pick dad up at the airport on Saturday at 12:30....

... I will type that again to drill it in to my own memory...

I have to pick dad up at the airport on Saturday at 12:30....

Right. Well I am going out in a bit so I will sign off... TTFN readers

No comments: