Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ding ding... Round 2

Hello readers and welcome to a Tuesday blog thats now so late being written that it's technically a Wednesday blog.

Lets just get started...

Ok so I begin with Tuesday evening... Well, actually I can't remember what I did, It's currently 2:20am and I've had a full day at work plus afterschool painting.

Lets skip to Wednesday. Evening wa spent down at Fathers before popping in to the Swan to see Donna.

Thursday evening was spent in the Packhorse as usual. A good time was had by all... until about 12:30am when we decided to call it a night.

Friday evening... Was probably spent out somewhere...

Ah, now Saturday is where we get to the main crux of the matter... I didn't do to much during the day but the evening... Ah the evening was spent at the NIA watching Amir Khan fight Michael Gomez! Father picked me up at about 6:00pm and we set off. We arrived and got seated for about an hour later and watched a few bouts from various weight divisions including the commonweath-middleweight championship title fight, and a british middleweight title fight. The fights drew more and more interesting until the main event...

I took a (rather sketchy) video of the entrances. Gomez is first, and Khans enterance is about 2:00 minutes in...

I also took some photos butt hey aren't that great so I wont bother uploading them. (maybe next week)

The fight was great but in my humble opinion it was stopped too early. Gomez wasn't fighting back at the time the ref' called the fight closed but it's not like he was unable to fight at all. Hell, it may even have been an attempt at the "Rope-a-dope" technique Muhammad Ali was famed for... (although I doubt it)

Anyway, even though it only lasted 5 rounds I enjoyed it. I have never been to a big boxing match before and will enjoy telling people, years from now "Ah, well I remember watching Khan in his early days... Saw him live once, too!...etc" Afterwards we went in to one of the bars in Brindley Place and waited for the rush and the traffic to subside. After a pint we made our way back home.

Sunday. I did my usual stint at the Legion but before going down to nans, I was called to the Swan by Jason as I had to rescue a damsel in distress. After that, it was down to nans for tea and then home.

Monday. After work I stayed on to do some painting. In the evening I went to Solihull for a quiz with Adam, Carl, and some Transconians (People from Transco) The quiz was run by a couple of dorks who obviously knew a lot of the other people who were there at the quiz and seemed the type to award points to people they like so the chances of winning via pure brain-power were slim at best. Well our two teams (yes, they forced us to split up!) did ok, even though random points seemed to be "forgoten" about at the final tally at the end we finished 9th and 13th. After seeing off our drinks we left.

... God I'm tired. It's now 03:53am (I took a slight break after writing about Sunday to watch a bit of"Waking the Dead")

Ok... Today. After a monster stint at painting to get it all finished, I came home. At 6:30pm John rang to give me some interesting news... he had purchased a game... An xbox game... A game of greatness...

... He'd gone and got Rock Band!

We went to Adam/Carl/Marcus' house and set it up...

... IT IS BRILLIANT!

I had a go on the drums, and singing (much to the dispair of the others!) The game plays beautifully, and is a great laugh! We spent a few hours unlocking songs and gaining achievements. When it got to 12:30am we decided to call it a night and came home...

OK that is where I will leave you, readers as it is now 4:25am and it's light outside and I haven't been to bed yet! (I took time out a while ago to watch the end of Waking the Dead)

TTFN

No comments: