Tuesday, June 17, 2008

You might have the talons of Saloth-sar, but I have the belt of strength and the spear of eternity... Oh shit...A Goblin!

Hello readers and welcome to yet another (brief) episode. These next few weeks until the end of the school term will be hectic so I will appologise in advance for any short and/or late blogs...

But lets kick off with last Tuesday, which was spent at Adam and Carls. Carl had a new boardgame called "Zombies" which is good fun to play. It basically aims to parody every zombie movie ever made in that you are a lone soldier trapped in a town awaiting helicopter pick-up. To read a brief summary and to see what it's about... clicky!

Anyway, fun was had by all but time soon came to go home.

Wednesday evening was spent at Fathers watching football... Joy.

Thursday evening was spent in The Packhorse as usual. A fun time was had by all until it was time to go home to beddie-byes.

Ah, Friday. I went with Selena (sister... Notice the spelling.) To get Fathers Day gifts. I got him a CD (That "Dad Rocks" one thats been advertised, just because he enjoys things like that) and a gum-shield and some boxing shorts... Nocite I said boxING not BoxER... There's a reason for that...

Father has decided to go boxing! Now obviously he hasn't had to fight yet but he is going through the training for fitness purposes. So I thought that some shorts and a gum shield (just in case) would come in handy. Actually the shorts were perfect. You see my dad has always been a huge fan of Muhammad Ali. And as anyone could tell you he always used to wear the same style shorts...

... All...

... The...

... Time...

And as it happened JJB Sports in Shirley sell the classic Black and White Everlasts! So I bought him a pair! Bargain!

Later on that evening I went with Carl, John, and Selina (Johns new lady-friend, who I hope will become a regular reader!) to The Peacock for a drink. I had forgotten what it is like in there but in case you don't know I will explain...

... Have you ever seen "Deliverance"?

Anyway we chatted and chatted until it went dark and then left for home. I dropped John and Selina off and then came home myself.

Saturday! I awoke early as I was off with Father and fellow skiers Andy and Lorraine to Southampton to visit other fellow skiers. Lindsey and Simon. We got underway at 10:00am-ish and were there for 1:00pm-ish after a toilet stop and a slight hold up on the motorway due to a van that had overturned. We sat in the garden drinking wine and eating pistachio nuts! The evening was spent in the local hotel/bar drinking Guinness! we then went back for some tea (lasagne) and then went to bed (I had a pull out bed and my sleeping bag to keep warm.)

Sunday morning we awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs! We had a good hearty breakfast and lounged around before packing our things up ready for the drive home... I was asleep for most of the journey but when I got back to Wythall I got ready to meet up at nans. I stayed at nans until about 9:30pm and came home to play a bit of Dragonball Z on the ol' Xbox.

Monday. And art club went well after work. I came home for a bit before heading off to pick john up and go over to Marcus and Adams and Carls house. The evening was spent playing another game... "Talisman" it is your basic magic/dragons/heroes/quest/adventure game but it is actually rather fun to play! There are RPG elements to the game as you can level-up your character by collecting items and at one point I found myself caring about my little warrior as he faced off against a Dragon (strength 7) with only 2 lives remaining....

.. Strange.

Anyway we played until about 12:30am when John won (I played a saving card but John was able to nullify it with a spell... Ooh, that crafty John!)

So after I had been cast to the fires of damnation we called it a night and came home, dropping John off along the way...

... Bloody Wizards! Who needs 'em?

Anyway, that is where I will leave you readers, as i'm going out in a bit!

TTFN

No comments: