Monday, May 12, 2008

Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought himself a Warehouse!

Hello readers and welcome to this weeks slightly shorter blog!

You may remember that I bloged up until last Monday so that I could relate the Bank-Holiday goings on to you all.

So lets begin with last Tuesday. The evening was spent with John and Adam having a good old fashioned cheating session with GTA 4. There are numerous little bits 'n' pieces to find within the game and so we started a new game save to spawn ourselves the best weapons, vehicles, and the such-like to mess about with. (those of you who have never been INSIDE the statue of happiness, spawn a chopper and go do it! It's weird!)

Actually, as a side story, when I went to pick john up I was surprised to see, plainly hanging from a telephone cable, a single shoe! Whoever threw it must have been some sort of professional footware-hurler (or a strong-armed tosser! ha ha!)

I took a zoomy photo just because of the pure sillyness of it...


Anyway. At about 11:30pm we called it a night and we left.

Wednesday and in the evening I went down to fathers for a bit before popping off to The Swan to meet Donna and co' to assist them in losing the quiz! After some dismal "stand-up bingo" and the final round, we left and I came home to bed.

Thursday. The evening was spent in The packhorse, though Mr Thomas was not in residence. The numbers were bolstered though, because Jess and Paul were there along with the kiddies and Pauls brother. Lets hope they come out more often!

Friday. The weekend... The evening was spent with Jenny, Adam, and Marcus along with a lot of Jenny's work collegues out and about in Solihull. We met in Lloyds bar and after a few hours downstairs, we moved up to the 1st floor where the partying was done. I didn't over do myself though, and left at a reasonable 12:30am.

Ah Saturday. Me and Kieron went for a pint in The Packhorse whilst mum and Selena were shopping. We pulled up to encounter a group of horses in the carpark! Yes, horses. The riders were standing around with drinks, chatting. After a while Selena and Mum turned up and had a drink, and we got something to eat, though to be honest I don't think the usual chef was on, since the food wasn't the best I've ever had at the Packhorse.

In the evening I met up with Jason, Gemma, and Becky and we went for a pint in The Resevoir. 2 of my ex-year 11's now work in their as restaurant staff and so we got the promise of "really nice desserts" if we ordered them. We ordered food first, but after stuffing myself with grub couldn't bring myself to eat dessert, so maybe another time. After closing time we phoned for a taxi to drop us back home and I was in for 12:00am midnight.

Ah, Sunday. I had dinner and then went to do my stint at the Legion. We were quite busy due to the football. We had Man-Utd on one telly, the Villa on another and The Blues on the radio! After the cheering of the 3 glory-hunters... Sorry, I mean Man-Utd fans, and the so-so chat of the Villa supporters who I suppose were happy enough with 6th place, we endured the back-chat and despondant arguments from the blues fans who have to face another season in the 1st division. (oooh! Get me, talking about the football like I know all about it!) Afterwards I went to nans for tea as usual before coming home and watching a bit of Jack Dee and QI before going to bed!

And thats the end of that chapter...

TTFN readers.

No comments: