Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The corrolation between lizards and memory loss...

Hello readers and welcome to this weeks late blog.

I will begin as per usual with last Monday where, after doing some painting for the school, I came home to, well, um... Blog, actually. In the evening I went over to Solihull with John to Adams where we enjoyed a relaxing evening of TV and Xbox.

Tuesday: I went back over to Adams and did the exact same thing as I did the evening previous...

Wednesday came along, as it often does after a Tuesday, and in the evening I went down to Fathers and then took a trip up to The White Swan to meet up with Donna and co'.

Thursday. The evening was spent in the Packhorse having a good ol' chat anda sing-song... Well, ok, maybe not a sing song, but you get the general idea.

Ah, Friday. I woke up with my sinuses full of gunge and my head felt like it was going to explode under the pressure, and my throat felt like I had swallowed a cheese grater! Yep, I was ill! I called in to work sick and went back to bed. By the time I awoke at about 3pm I wasn't feeling too bad and decided that I would venture out that evening to watch Marcus and his Dad play with their band and The Red Lion in Shirley. Kate picked me up for about 8:10pm and after heading towards The Red Lion in Earlswood, found her way to Shirley. I was armed with Strepsils though, to keep the illness at bay...

... Now here's where it gets interesting. You see after the songs and the booze we were waiting for the band to tidy away, and Neil, who works behind the bar started pouring all sorts of cocktails and wonderfully colourful drinks for everyone. I, on the other hand was the proud recipient of something that looked quite ordinary... A clear liquid in a regular whiskey glass. I was told that it:

  • Wasn't Gin or Vodka

  • Had only been served 5 times in the pubs history
  • Came in an unusual bottle

and, last but not least (though probably most important)

  • Would make me so drunk that I wouldn't be able to walk out of the pub!

So I necked it!

Saturday... I woke up at about 12:00pm mid day not remembering how I got home, how I got to bed, or how it was that I was still alive! Nan, Grandad, and Selena came up as usual for the wine. I stayed off any alcohol until I was sure I was completely sober... Which I wasn't too sure about!

I browsed through my phone looking for clues as to what happened the night before and I came across this...



and then this...



Then it clicked! I remembered why the bottle was so special. The thing you can see in the bottle is a fully grown (but obviously dead) male lizard! Yep! thats right a lizard... A gekko, to be more precise. I remembered necking it and feeling fine... For about 15 minutes and then it hit me like big sensory wrecking-ball! The rest is still a blur though.

In the evening I went over to Kierons while Selena and mum went to play bingo! We pratted around on Mario Kart for the Wii until Selena got back. We had a laugh until it was about 11:00pm and then I decided to call it a night and left. I came home to download the Dragonball Z: Burst Limit demo from Xbox Live marketplace before going to bed.

Sunday. I woke up covered in blood... Yes. You read that correcty. My pillow (not to mention my face) were covered in blood... It took me a few seconds to realise that I was in the middle of the worlds biggest nose-bleed! (lovely!) I came to the conclusion that it had happened due to the pressure in my sinuses, and the fact that I have weak blood vessels in my nose (thats why I never blow it, because I would just end up staining my shoes red all the time!) I got cleaned up, had dinner at 1:30pm and set off to the Legion. After a while I was stood at the bar and guess what? Yep, it started doing it again! My head was hurting so when my face exploded (which is the only way I can describe it) I could actually feel the relief of pressure behind my eyes! It is the worlds most strangest sensation... Not entirely unpleasant either actually since it does indeed relieve the pressure you have in your face! I managed to stop it (though it took me a good 10 minutes!) and at 7:00pm I went home. I then went down to nans for supper and to watch Heartbeat on ITV!

Monday. I got up and my pressure pains in my head had returned, but not so much that I could forget about it. I went to work and came home at 4:00pm after doing some painting.

In the evening I went over to Adams to prat about on GTA4. I came home, after dropping Luke home, for about 11:30pm and i went to bed.

Today, my head and throat hurt! Seriously, I'm not to sure if this is a cold, or hay-fever. I stopped at spar on the way to workto get some Venos cough syrup, and some Vicks sinus capsules. I also took some strepsils with me and so, as I sit here, with my achy head and sore thoat, I am completely doped up on medicine...

... ha ha... see how the elephants dance across the screen... look at them! their pretty dresses look so velvety... hey! Mr. Churchill, what are you doing here...? You like the elephants as well? wow... shall we say bye-bye to our readers? yes...

bye-bye readers.... mmm.

No comments: