Monday, April 28, 2008

GREENS! PUSH FORWARD!

Hello readers and welcome to a short blog. I can't sit here typing as I have had the day off work with a cough and a sore throat and I still feel quite terrible.

Let's begin. The sooner I type this, the sooner I can have a lie down again.

I left you wondering why I needed to be up so early last Monday. Well Father needed his car taking to Atlas Garage in Birmingham for a service and I had to follow him to drive him back. I was up for 6:30am and down to Fathers for 7:00am. We set off and got to the Garage for about 7:30:am. After saying hello to Hazel, who runs the place, we set back off for home. I got in at 8:00am-ish and got changed for work and set off at usual...

I finished at 3:30pm and came home. In the evening I went to Adams where we...

... Oh sod it... I'm too ill. I'll have to give you the amended version of the week and focus on the weekend...


Tuesday: Possibly went to Adams again.

Wednesday: Xbox cable arrived. Tried it... Didn't work. In the evening I went to Fathers.

Thursday: Went to Packhorse. Drank Guinness.

Friday: Could taste the weekend. Met up with Kate, who I haven't seen since Christmas. I met her in Solihull and we had a good chat and a drink.

Weekend: Main highlight was the paintballing. Me, Dan, Lank, and Jason went to Bassetts Pole Paintball Fields with some of Dans work collegues. We were split in to two teams which just so happened to have me and Dan on one side, and Jason and Lank on the other. Unfortunately our side included a bunch of kids who obviously thought that the aim of the game was to sit in a trench at the back of the field and watch the rest of us have a game of paintball, while they let off a few rounds in the general direction of the enemy every few minutes. The result was that, of the 6 scoring games, the Heroic Greens, of which me and Mr. Bennett were proud members, only won 2 and drew 1. While the Pestilant Reds won 3 and drew 1. After the days games had finished we were put into the "Grand Rumble" all the teams were merged into 2 armies and we had a 70-a-side game set in trenches...

... Yes, you read that correctly... Seven Zero... 70

Our batch of 70, with the Bennett-Evans and Thomas-Heales teams now united along side 66 other people pretty much owned the other team.

At 4:30pm we left and drove through rain that can only be described as "biblical" to get home. Lank dropped us off and I squelched in to have a shower and relax.

Right. That is just about as much as I can do... Time to dope myself up on Veno's and Strepsils again...

TTFN readers

No comments: