Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chalk-up another kill for Microsoft

Hello readers and welcome to a Tuesday blog... And by "Tuesday" I do of course mean "late"

So lets get down to business. I will begin, as always with last Monday. After leaving work I came home And played a bit of Call of Duty before heading of to Adams with John (I think). We watched a bit of telly and messed around on the Xbox before coming home.

Tuesday was exactly the same as Monday, though I don't think John came with me... Or it could be the other way round...

Wednesday evening was spent at Fathers house watching TV. At about 10:00pm I left to go and meet Donna in the Swan and help them lose the quiz (?)

Thursday... Was interesting!

After work I decided to get my hair cut, and came home to trim the face-fuzz since my beard gets itchy if I let it get too long. In the evening I met up with Kate, a friend of mine, in The Horse and Jockey for a drink. After a pint I drove us to The Man on the Moon, where I have never been before. Unfortunately the heating was broken, so it was freezing inside, and they had a quiz on done by the loudest, most ghastly woman imaginable! She wouldn't shut up... Seriously she's either single, or her husband is deaf... Question, Question, Question, Yadda, Yadda, Yadda, Screech, Screech, Screech! We decided to leave and go to Kate's local... But I can't remember what it's called... (Could be "The Woodpecker" but possibly not!) And after a lengthy chat, and the promise of meeting up again soon, I dropped her home and then came home myself...

Friday came and I could almost smell the weekend! After work I came home and played some Call of Duty.

Ah. Saturday. I went with Adam and Jenny to Redditch. Now Reditch is somewhere I don't usually go, but it meant getting out of the house for a few hours so I went along. We had a good mooch round the shops and I ended up buying as new Tshirt. After making our way back to Wythall, we ended up playing Guitar Hero 3 for a bit, before Adam and Jenny set off for home.

In the evening I was invited by Donna to a Birthday at Wythall House. Her next door neighbour had turned 18 so he was having a "do" on. He is also one of the youngest Royal Marines in the country and was there in full "passing out" uniform (that doesn't mean he fainted...)

Sunday... Was a bad day! I turned my Xbox on to discover the worst possible thing imaginable... Blinking at me, as if mocking my very soul...

Three.
Red.
Flashing.
Lights...

I was looking at The Red Ring of Death.

Basically 3 flashing red lights around the power button means "critical hardware failure" or, in laymans terms "Naffed!"

I decided to phone the helpline... Then I realised that the service would be based in somewhere like Krapistan, so I decided to phone John... Who told me, after some comforting words, to phone Krapistan... But they'd be Swedish... (Crepe and a Pancake, anyone? Smoke and a Pipe?)

I phoned and sure enough, after waiting for a few minutes:

"Thenkyuh fuurr kyalling hex-boorx coostem'r supoort... Mya nyem iss Bjorn, hyew myay ey hyelp yhoor?"

And so began a lengthy process of spelling, using the phoenetic alphabet, my email, gamertag, and address. He diagnosed the problem ("it wasn't working" being the verdict!) and so I am at the start of a journey which will probably take a good few weeks to get my "hex-boorx" fixed... More on that in the blogs to come.

I went to the legion, depressed, had to endure the football... Which is depressing, and then came home to my ex-xbox... DEPRESSING!

Anyway I went down to my nans for tea as usual. After a while I came home and watched some TV before going to bed, as I had to be up particularly early the following morning...

... But that's for next weeks blog!

TTFN readers!

No comments: