Sunday, December 16, 2007

We don't play hip-hop, but we're waiting for a hip op'!

hello readers, and welcome to yet another thrilling blog, from the master blogger himself... Moi!

Lets begin with Monday. Now Monday mornings are always dreary and nobody likes them (which poses the question: "why do we have them!?") but I draged myself to school in a car that still smelt like puke and just got on with the day in hand... Actually Monday went by me quite quickly and I was out the door bang on 4:30pm. In the evening I went over to my nans because my dad was back from the USA! he had brought me a pressie: A T-shirt from the Harley Davidson factory!

Nice!

Afterwards I went over to Adam and Marcus's. We decided to go for a pint in The Greville because it had been rerfurbished so we took a walk up...

... Only to discover that, in fact, it was STILL being refurbished and therefore closed. We then decided that, rather than vegetate in front of the telly, we would go for a walk... And go for a walk we did! We were ambling along for a couple of hours before coming full circle and getting back to Sambourn Close for about 11:30pm. I didn't stay long after that and left feeling quite rejuvenated!

I awoke on Tuesday with a bit of a twinge in my neck (bloody excersise! I'm sure it's not good for you!) and so went to work with a bit of a funny look about me, since I found it hard to move my neck and had to turn my entire body to look at people! I got out after what felt like a proper full days work! I was actually tired and when I got home I found myself dozing off for an hour... I will call it a "Power nap" even though it was just me being a bit sissy and falling asleep during the afternoon. In the evening I went back over to Solihull and this time Marcus had seen people in the Greville and was sure it was open, so we took a walk up...

... He was mistaken, it was still closed, so we went back to the house to watch some telly for a bit. I left at about 12:00 midnight and came home to bed...

On Wednesday work was a bit boring and dragged on a bit. Still, no matter, I would be out the door at 4:30pm, right?

Wrong...

... You see Wednesday was the final day before the "Awards Evening" at woodrush, where they give out awards to kiddies that have done good at something. And I had been placed in charge of getting the stage looking like a movie set... The theme for the awards evening, and for the Christmas Concert next week, was "A night in Hollywood" So during the week I had been making wire struts above the stage to hang stars from, as made by Art Club and Miss Cormack. I had a small army of people helping me but didn't get out until 6:00pm!!! And to make matters worse, we weren't finished. The stars were up, and so was the "HOLLYWOOD" sign I had made, but the back wall of the stage still needed painting. We left knowing that another long stint would be needed the following day...

... And it was! At 3:00pm on the dot, myself, Carly, and Emma (art and music) plus some kiddies, came down to assist with the painting. We sponged over the sign, and began working on the wall in green paint to create the "Hollywood hills" effect that my paper sign would sit over. Now usually readers, I would have a photo for you to enjoy and to marvel at. But since I was fighting against a very tight deadline, and the fact that I don't take my phone to work with me I didn't. What I will do for you though is take one at the Christmas Concert next week so that you may all praise and admire me for having such creative vision...

... Or not. I'll let you be the judge.

Anyway, I got out at about 5:20pm with everything ready for the awards evening.

Friday... I got to work and everyone was comenting on how good the stage looked and how the parents who attended the ceremony thought it was wonderful that all that work had gone in to it...

... Bloody good job, too! If they had have complained about it I may very well have started biting people! Anyway. Work was a bit disjointed. sally, head of art, was off so I was left with the cover work. I had the year 7's who were no problem and the year 10's... who were! In fact I'm not going to go on about it since it makes me angry, but the room was left looking like a bomb-site after they had finished with it!

I was glad to get out at 3:30pm... Ah the weekend had started! In the evening I went over to Marcus's. Adam was out on his works Christmas party at the Metropol hotel so me and Marcus went for a drink...

... IN THE GREVILLE!

Yes, it was finally open! actually it looks really nice in there now. Not quite as many hols in the carpet, or bits faling from the ceiling... It's nice, even the fleas adhere to the dress code!

Afterwards we took a brisk walk back to the house. I flicked the telly on, and sat watching it until about 1:00am before coming home.

Saturday. During the day I went shopping in Solihull for the rest of my gifts for Christmas. I got everything I needed (except for a couple of select items, of which I am going to Tesco's for after todays dinner) and came home for about 2:00pm. I then began the menial task of wrapping. Now i'm not very good at wrapping... So, this year, if your gift LOOKS like it might be a television arial, it's not... It will be a book or something, but the shape of the parcel never resembles the shape of the actual gift... No no, not when I'VE been wrapping the pressies!

in the evening, I went with Donna over to The Lyndon pub where Richard was working. Donna had said to me "lets go. They have live music on a Saturday!" I thought "fantastic!" and off we went...

... To a 40's night! Thats not for people who are in their 40's... But a wartime band playing music FROM the 1940s!

At one stage the lead singer (who looked like Corporal Jones from Dads Army!) pretended he was going to vault over the stage banister... Thankfully he didn't actually try it. We were joking about how the old-timers don't play hip-hop, but most of them were probably waiting for a hip op' to which Donna requested that become this weeks blog title... So it did!

At one point things got a bit interesting

Afterwards we shot over to The Packhorse to meet up with Neil and Maggie (Donnas mum and dad) for a swift drink. At about midnight (and 5 pints of Guinness!) Donna kindly dropped me back home where i made my way, as gracefully as I could, to bed.

I was awoken this morning at about 11:00am by the sound of Selena and Kieron nipping over (they didn't come yesterday due to having been invited out by one of their friends) They stayed for an hour-or-so and then left, leaving me with the task of blogging...

.. Which I have just completed in time for dinner!

Bonus!

TTFN readers

No comments: