Sunday, December 23, 2007

I want snow!

Hello readers and welcome to a festive blog!

I will jump right on in as I am in the middle of helping repair a roof! (no, really!)
I will begin with Monday. I awoke knowing it was the start of the last week of term so that immediately put me in a good mood. After scraping the car I went to work and got on with the usual task of keeping everything cushty. Time seemed to fly by and at 3:00pm I got on with helping out for the Christmas concert which was on the Wednesday. (But more about that below)
I was given the task of spray-painting the music stands... Hmm, not an easy task. After spending quite a long time doing the first two I thought "sod it" and just gave the rest a quick blast to tidy them up!
In the evening I went over to Solihull. Carl was back from Uni' and so we all had a get-together.
After coming home I was greeted by the cat who had taken to using the Christmas tree box as a make-shift bed...

At least it gave me a laugh....

Tuesday... Work seemed to go fairly quickly and before I knew it, that magical time came where I could go home. In the evening Myself, Adam, Carl, Bobby, and Jo went to The Fieldhouse for the quiz. I picked Jo up at 8:00pm and we set off to meet everyone else. We were the first to arrive, though and parked up in the one and only space on the carpark. we were joined a while later by the rest of the gang who had to park on the road. Seating was impossible, so we stood with our drinks leaning on what ever to write our answers down. As you can imagine, by the 4th round our legs were aching, but luckily Jo spotted some people who were leaving and expertly grabbed the table!

We ended up finishing mid-table. 7th-or-8th out of about 20 teams. Not bad I suppose. After we heard the final scores, we drank up and left.

Wednesday, it is at this point that work tends to drag a bit... I'm not sure why, but Wednesdays go slowly for me. I was glad of the bell at 3:00pm as I could get on with helping for the christmas concert. In between hanging a few more stars on the stage, and touching up the back wall, I found time to:

  • test the lighting
  • sound check the bands
  • have a go on one of the kiddies bass guitars
  • (un) impress people with my (lack of) drumming skills
  • swing the 10 ft' stage ladders around my head
  • "sing" in to the microphone (the word "sing" is used very optimistically)
  • re-test the lighting
  • drop the 10ft' stage ladders

It was a right laugh! Now last week I said I would take you a photo of the stage...

Well I forgot. Sorry.

I didn't actually go to the concert, because I had heard all the songs being rehearsed at school. That saved me £3!

I left at about 5:30pm and came home to watch a bit of telly, before going down to Fathers to watch a bit more telly! (and to give him his christmas card)

Ah Thursday... The last day of real lessons! In fact it was just like a normal day so I wont bother typing about it... in the evening, I went to the Packhorse as usual, though we had to sit in the retaurant section as it was quite full. We were joined by the rest of the gang. Jenny had bought my christmas pressies though I am at a loss as to what they are. One rattles, one's flat, one feels like a toy car and the other is in the shape of a small box. Go figure!

After the frivolity and the merriment, and the faliure to accuire tickets for christmas eve (bastards!) we left and Lank dropped me home.

Ah yes... Friday! The last day of term, and there were no lessons. Kiddies were in forms all day and Myself and John Pearson (yes, ex-woodrushians Mr. Pearson is still there) were working in shifts to mind a form who's teacher had not turned up. Although they were hyper, we had a laugh. We had quizzes and sing-songs. I went in to one of the assembleys to watch a version of Deal or no deal on stage with the behavioral team... Very strange, for some reason they had called it "meal or no meal" (although one of the prizes was a voucher for McDonalds, so maybe that was the reason)

Then, like a chorus of angels, singing from the heavens, the most glorious sound in the world...

... The bell.

I'd done it... I had survived the great winter term. I was free...

... Well, not quite, we still had the speeches in the staff room, but that only lasted half an hour. I shot out of the doors like a man possesed... Actually EVERYONE shot out of the doors like a man, (or woman) possesed!

I came home and thought "What shall I do to occupy myself from now until christmas?" The answer was easy... I went and purchased Guitar Hero 3!

HMV was rammed. I'm not sure where the back of the queue was, so I just walked up to the counter and paid for it! I probably angered a few people but hey, you know the saying: all's fair in love and HMV. (That's right, isn't it?)

Anyway, I came home to try it. I then thought "I know who would appreciate this!" and phoned Carl. After a short chat, I shot over with my Xbox Hard drive and my guitar-pad. We had a jolly time completing the co-op career. Adam had a go, and so did Jenny and Marcus. Afterwards, as Adam was going to bed, and Marcus had fallen asleep on the couch I thought "maybe it's time I left" and so headed on home to my own bed.

Saturday... Saturday was spent indoors, a lot. We had some people over who were fitting new guttering to the house, and so we thought it would be a good idea to change the glass panels in the enrty-way to polyurethane since they are lighter, and better insulated. it was a full days work, (though to be honest I diodn't really do much) and at the end of it all, the polyurethane sheets were only tacked in and had not been set properly... That would be a job for me and grandad... More of that in the next paragraph though. I stayed in playing Guitar Hero 3 and was coaxed by some kiddies on to Halo 3 during the evening. I wish I hadn't accepted. *rant alert* It comes to something when 13 year olds win 50 to 42 when they have TWO extra players, and then start smack-talking saying how I was "owned." and that they are, oh-so-obviously better than me. The little shits (who are going to get it big time when we get back after christmas) then thought it would be funny to send me a load of messages insulting me and my family. Messages I still have, and might just record and send a copy to the parents (since I can access the school network and get the addresses of those involved!) It pissed me off, having tiny little puke-stains insult me, and then for no reason started bringing members of my family in to it. Whats the point?

Anyway, rant over (for now) and on to Today. Grandad came over and so this mornings task is to seal and flash the polyurethane roof panels, which we are in the middle of doing, but have stopped while my grandad fetches my nan and the dog. (see, I told you I was in the middle of helping repair a roof!)

I will leave you there for now.

Have a Merry Christmas and, In case I don't blog until January, have a very happy new year.

TTFN.

No comments: