Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oh blimey! Now it's August!

Hello readers. Well It's only the second week of the holidays and already I'm getting a bit bored. It's not like I would rather be at work, but wish that a few people had holiday as well so I wasn't spending each day segregated from society...

Anyhoo, lets move on...

Last Sunday was a good day. Myself, Jenny, Adam, and Marcus went round to Carls for a barbeque. During the course of the evening Adam made friends with a kitten that, after being fed a piece of chicken, wouldn't go away and was hanging round Carls house until morning! Anyway, back to the story: Everyone had a good time, the food was excellent, and we ended up playing "sing-a-long-a-theme-tune" courtesy of the laptop in the front room. We finished the night off with a game of Atmosfear, which actually got a bit boring, but we had a laugh. Jenny is hosting the next barbeque on Saturday, so I will blog the results of that as well.

Moving on...

Yesterday was interesting. I went to PC World (Or "Pissy" World as I now call it) to get Norton Anti-fuckup 2006. I decided the computer needed an overhaul so I installed it and let it do it's thing...

... Then it went a bit strange...

I was confronted with the "blue-screen-of-death" that marks the end of most computers, and told that "Windows has been shut down to prevent further damage... Yadda yadda yadda" My first thought was "I'll just restart it"

Would it restart? would it bollocks!

After half an hour of trying to get it to boot up properly I decided that the only course of action was to perform a full system reboot. i.e take it back to it's factory settings... Quite simply: Wipe the hard-drive and start from scratch.

3 hours! 3 god-damn, bastard, bloody hours it took me to get it working! I was fuming at the end of it and so went down to fathers for a bit, before going to meet the usual crowd in the Packhorse for the quiz. Actually we ended up coming 5th and winning a bottle of martini! (we also won one the week before, as well, so things are obviously looking up!) Anyway, I came home and went to bed, since I knew that if I stayed awake I would only be drawn back in to trying to fix the computer, and I really wasn't in the mood for it.

This morning I turned it on, ready to install all the little bits of software that was on it before the big "heart-attack" it had... Only to find that it is still running slow. In fact, readers, as you are reading this, you will be unaware of the amount of time it has taken me to type it, since the computer "hiccups" every so often and refuses to continue until it has had a quick fag break, and a lie down!

To make matters worse I need a new pair of shoes...

Going back to yesterday, whilst in the Packhorse, I caught my trainers on a table leg support and tore the sole away from the rest of the trainer. (After the events of the day, I was ready to just give up.) The big question is this: What do I wear on my feet to go and buy some new shoes? I suppose I will have to wear my work shoes, since they are just about the only semi-desent pair I have, now that my trainers have been obliterated!

I suppose I will just go and get it done.

TTFN readers.

No comments: