Thursday, July 27, 2006

More holiday?

Well readers, I'm on holiday for 6 weeks... Correction, I'm on PAID holiday for 6 weeks! Ha ha! Before I broke up for the Holidays I was given the job of going to Alton Towers with the school. About 160 kiddies went with about 20 members of staff. The staff got fast-track tickets to avoid the queues while the kiddies were left with the bog-standard ones... Nice! Me and Mark, who were helping Alex, got on just about everything except Rita: Queen of Speed (because we ran out of time after riding the runaway mine train 4 times, Nemesis twice, the log flume twice, the pirate ship, the rapids, Hex, The Duel twice, and stopping for lunch!) which was a slight pity.
I didn't take any pictures because I was "working" but it was a good day out all the same.

On the last day of term we booted the kids out at 2pm and got on with the staff party. Food and booze was provided and we had a great time. During the afternoon we had speeches and presentations for staff who are leaving. (On that note it must be pointed out that Mike Houghton is the funniest speaker I have ever heard!)

Then the holidays kicked in...

Kieron bought round Chrome Hounds to show me. It is like mechwarrior but much better. When you design a HOUND (a mech') you can decide precisely how it functions, what it's role on the battlefield is, and how it looks. The single player missions are a little boring at times but neccesary to gain vital parts to take into the online portion of the game (which is where it really stands out!) Anyone with a 360 should check it out, it is well worth the money.

And thats about it for this post, readers. In fact I'm not to sure if I will have anything to write about for a few weeks, you will have to wait until something happens.

Ah well. Time for tea.... TTFN

No comments: