Monday, August 14, 2006

Another evening of quality entertainment

Hello readers. 'tis I.

Well on Saturday me and Jenny went in to Solihull because she wanted to look at new computers, since she hasn't got one but is paying for thr internet. We had a wonder round Solihull first and went to meet Marcus who was playing the church organ in St Augustines. After playing a round (and having a go myself!) we left to go to Comet. The sales people decended on us like vultures but fortunately there was one lady who actually sounded like she knew what she was talking about and directed Jen' towards a tidy little machine on sale for a good price. After nipping to PC world (to compare prices, which were a lot more anyway) we went back to Comet and Jenny decided to purchase the computer. After loading it back in to my car we went back to her house to unload it.

After popping to Sainsbury's to get some supplies, dropping my car at home, and getting a lift to Adams house with Mr Wheatly and Miss Fishbourne, it was time to commence the frivolity of the evening. We ordered in a chinese, and Adam stuck Scary Movie on the TV. Sadly there was no Poker or Cranium to speak of but I did try to complete a Yard of Ale, but with Kronenberg... I did it in just about 2 minutes (I think) but felt quite ill afterwards. It gave everyone a laugh, though and Adam was kind enough to lend me a T-shirt, since I had got Kronenberg down mine! After the evening's entertainment it was time to go. Carl dropped Marcus home, and me and Jen' got a taxi.

I awoke slightly drowsy on Sunday and got ready for a meal at The Lifford Curve for my grandads birthday. Me and mum got there first and got the table sorted. We were followed by my Nan, Grandad, Auntie Sheila and my Uncle Frank. I had a big sausage and mash dinner which I enjoyed, washed down with a pint of Stronbow (No Magners... Pityful)

After leaving we went back to my nans house for a bit and left at about 5:00-ish. I eventually went down to other nan's house for tea as usual. Selena and Kieron were due to come back from Pathos at around midnight so I left nan's at 10:00pm and went home to get ready to pick them up from the airport. Me and mum set out at about 12:00 midnight and got to Birmingham Airport 10 minutes later. On the screen in the arrivals lounge it said that the flight was expected at 2:35am... Bollocks. They had been delayed, but due to heavier security around airports, they couldn't have their mobiles in hand luggage so couldn't phone to let us know. We waited for the plane to eventually come in and at about 3:00am they appeared in the arrivals lounge and we set off to drop Kieron off home. After doing that and getting back to our house it was about 4:00am. I immediately crashed out when I went upstairs, (I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow!) When I can get my phone hooked up to the new computer I wil upload some photo's of the weeks events. Until then, TTFN readers.

No comments: