Sunday, January 22, 2006

From Solihull to Coventry is 11.7 Miles

... It's true readers. I tested it. I thought I had better update this before we passed the "2 whole weeks without posting one smegging thought" marker... So here it is...

Work at school is as normal, as is work at the Legion. (Except that I'm starting to get bored of the place now...) Last week however, my entertainment options were blown wildly open when Mr Robinson purchased Xbox live. After seeing how easy, cheap, and down-right brilliant it was, I decided to order it as well. Halo 2 is just fantastic online and there is a sense of a real community between players from all over the world.

On a more serious note, I had a bit of bad news at the start of the week, when I found out that Mark and Donna had been in quite a serious crash. Mark was driving through Solihull when the back end of his Focus started to slide. I will ignore the details but basically the car ended up on its roof. Thankfully the only injuries were cuts and bruises. Mark had to have a few stitches in his knee, but I think his pride was damaged the most. I hope they get well as soon as possible...

The other major thing that happened during the course of my blogging absence was that I received a letter from Warwick University summoning me for a "first-steps" meeting about the GTP art and design course that I should have started ages ago. I'm not sure what the outcome of this meeting will be. There will be other people there in the same situation that I am in and most of them will probably have a better degree result than me. I can only hope that somehow my shining personality will get me through.......



..... I'm screwed, aren't I?



Well they say whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger (if you died whilst lifting weights, would it cause a paradox?) So I can only give it my best shot. If I do get on the course it will mean several things:

1) I will be earning nearly 3 times as much as I do now.
2) The Mondeo can be swapped for a newer model.
3) I can quit the legion and get my weekends back.

To make sure I can get there on time (turning up late for the interview would NOT go down well) I did a "dry-run" from my house down the Coventry road to Warwick Uni' to see how long it takes me (which is about 40 minutes, with traffic and roadworks.) I have to go there tomorrow and the whole thing is a 3 hour process!

.... I'm off to start praying... TTFN readers

No comments: