Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A spot of lunch.

Today I woke up feeling the effects of yesterday evening when Adam, Carl, Gemma, Jo, and myself went up to the Jug of Ale in Moseley. We had been to Becketts driving range before hand so we were feeling a bit thirsty. Carl and Gemma drove so, for once, I could have a drink.....

... So i did...

... I had 4 Guinness and blacks, and each pint was followed by a double Jack Daniels. This morning my body was a muddle of dehydration and mild alchohol poisoning. I cleared this up by having breakfast... So I had 3 bowls of Kellogs crunchy nut corn flakes. I then received a text message off Gemma asking me if I would like to "do" lunch. Since it has been a while since I met an attractive young lady to take to lunch I agreed. We met in the White Swan and I bought both of ours (See, I can be quite the gentleman at times, mind you, £2.99 for a carvery! Can't go wrong!) Serving the carvery was a chap who looked just like frank spencer (ooh, Betty) but he was very loud and over-chatty with all the pensioners.

Afterwards, Gemma had to get back to work and I came home. I remembered that yesterday the subject of school plays came up so I dug out "Beauty and the Beast" which was my big acting debut.... Sort of. I was "Ugly sister 2" and was in full drag. I made a note of who's who in the play and will lend it to Gemma or Jo at some point so that they can have a laugh at my expense. It really is funny watching me and Lank parade around in drag, arguing over a hat! Most of our lines were Ad-libbed so it was never the same twice! Ah... Happy days... Although if you think about it, what type of school makes two 8 year old boys perform a drag act?


Right. Thats enough for now readers. TTFN.


Question: If you put a bird in a wind tunnel, would it stay still in mid air?

No comments: