Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday mornin'

Hello readers...

Well I got up this morning and shot over to Northfield to collect my grandad and head over to Faulkners Body Repairs to see about my bumper. They told me that it would probably be cheaper to get a second-hand one and get it sprayed to match. We shot over to a scrap yard which was ran by a trio of inbred, tea swigging, brainless goons. The conversation ran something like this:

Me: "Whatcha mate, I'm after a rear bumper for a '98 Mondeo, any colour, it don't matter."


Goon 1: *big swig of tea* "wha'?"

Me: "I've got a '98 Mondeo that needs a-"

Goon 2: "Nah we ain't got one"

Me: "Oh right, well do you get many in?

Goon 3: "We had one once... "

Goon 2: "Yeah..."

Me: "Right..... uh, ok.... cheers anyway lads"

All Goons: *incoherent mumbling*


Well after that I headed on home to get changed, grab some cash, and shoot over to Jennys because she had a day off work and wanted to go out somewhere. Being the perfect example of a gentleman (stop laughing) I said I would take her out for the day. We went to Anne Hathaways cottage over in Stratford (Just because neither of us had ever been.) We went round the cottage, went through a maze in the garden (oh christ, another maze!) and went round the shed which had some interesting facts about spades! (no, really!)

After leaving the cottage we went over to the Black Boy in Knowle for a spot of lunch. I had steak (like always) and I treated myself to a cheesecake for afters... Top grub! I dropped Jenny home, helped her water the flowers (ain't I sweet... It was a statement, not a question!)

I left Jen's at about 5-ish. I went home and watched Star-Trek before heading over to Adams house. Now the plan was to go and see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but that was put on hold because Gemma was busy and Jo had dissapeared off the face of the earth.

Me, Carl and Adams had an evening of childish behavior, that manifesting itself as a Halo 2 tournament.... Which I won. Now I know it is not exactly the most prestigious of awards but I was really kicking ass! I won every match and proved once and for all that I am a gaming geek... Fantastic.

Well I should be going to Brum with Adam tomorrow... Haven't been in a while so it should be interesting. I will blog all that happens.

TTFN readers.

No comments: