Saturday, June 04, 2005

Money for nothing and your chicks for free

I woke up early this morning and went with my mum and sister to Matalan over in Stratford. I took some cash and got myself a set of new togs. 3 new pairs of jeans. a new Tshirt, and a new jumper. I was all set for the evening at the NEC...

... Mark Knopfler was excellent! His first song was the theme to Auf Wiedersehen, Pet followed by Walk of Life. He did some stuff off his new album Shangri La and other songs from his solo CD's but slotted in Romeo and Juliet and Telegraph Road. After a 3 hour set he did Brothers In Arms as an encore and then left the stage. After an agonising 10 minutes he walked back on and the unmistakable intro to Money For Nothing began to ring out. Needless to say everyone was standing and singing along (almost drowning out the band!)

Me and father popped back to the legion for a quick drink where I was greeted by everyone telling me to serve behind the bar. After telling everyone to piss off and stop complaining, I downed my pint and came home.... And started blogging the evening... Which you're now reading... I can't really get any more up to date than that now, can I?

I am logging off to get some food.

TTFN

No comments: