Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why has it all gone dark?

Hello readers and welcome to a post which is on time! Yes, I know. It's amazing! I'm actually blogging when I should so a big hurrah! all round...

... no? Oh ok then...

Anyway I will dive straight in to it...

Monday. I finished work and came home to play a bit of Red Alert 3 before taking it over to Adam, John and Carls. we watched a bit of TV and looked at red Alert before Jenny and Marcus came over. We ended up watching Wall.E which I had never seen. I'm glad I have though as Pixar has never done a bad film and it is hillarious throughout. After it had finished I came home to watch QI before going to bed.

Tuesday. The evening was spent over at Carl and Adams. Watching TV and having a laugh before taking a quick excursion to The Greville for a swift pint. Afterwards we came back and ordered a chinese!

Wednesday. I went down to fathers as usual and spent a while watching Terry Pratchett on TV and trying to clear a virus off his PC before popping in to the Swan to see Donna and co'

Thursday. What a day at work! The class I was helping look after were being visited by Taffy Thomas the Storyteller! He is a professional story teller based in the Lake District and tours the country telling stories with his "Tale Coat" This thing is amazing. It has pictures on it that relate to a certain story. Children can point to a picture to hear Taffy tell that particular story... It's like a Jukebox for storytelling! The artistry is amazing and it apparently cost £4000 10 years ago!
See the Tale Coat here.

At about 2:50pm, as we were gearing up to go, the lights went out and everything went off...

... Powercut! inconvenient, but no big deal, right? Well soon enough it was time to go and off I went. I spent the evening in the Swan as usual with the regular crowd. We drank and laughed and had a merry-old time until it was time to go home, where Lank kindly deposited me. I came in, had something to eat whilst watching Mock the Week and went to bed.

Friday. I awoke, got ready for work, got in my car, and as I was setting off I got a phonecall from the agency telling me that Calthorpe was closed due to a power faliure! Apparently it was the main fuse boards that had blown out the day before, not a typicall power cut. Nothing was working so the decision was made to close for the day! that meant only one thing...

... LONGER HALF TERM! WOOHOO!

Ahem... I went back in side and went to sleep for an hour. I got up at 9:00am-ish and had breakfast then pottered about for the morning before Phoning Kieron to see what he was doing. The answer thankfully turned out to be "not much" so I went over to play some xbox/PS3.

I came home a while later and decided to stay in and play some Red Alert 3.

Saturday. During the day I went over to Solihull to by "Only By The Night" and Chinese Democracy" by Kings of Leon and Guns and Roses, respectively.

The evening was spent over at Carl and Adams where we watched some TV played Wii Sports and ordered a chinese. I had Macao Chicken Curry which is awsome (must remember its a 49.D on their menu)
At around 12:00am-ish I came back home to bed.

Sunday. Rather normal. Dinner, Legion , Nans, Tea, Home, Bed.

Right. I wil leave you there readers.
TTFN.

No comments: