Monday, November 12, 2007

I love rock 'n' roll...

Hello readers and welcome to my late entry of a blog. I would have done it yesterday but my time was eaten up with doing things...


... But more of that later... Right now I will start with last Monday... And what a Monday it was. Work went fairly quickly, I got a lot done, I got out slightly earlier than usual, and in the evening I played Halo with Adam until about 1:00am... Lovely!


Tuesday at work was the same-old-same-old. It too went fairly quickly because I was looking forward to the evening... I was off to see The Foo Fighters at the NEC with Kate and her sister!
I gott o kate's for about 6:00pm... Well. It was more like 6:20pm by the time I had got lost, driven around Dorridge, and randomly stumbled across her road! Her sister was already there, and after 15-or-so minutes we were off to the NEC! I drove, and got parked rather quickly. We didn't waste any time and we were in the arena before you could say "support act"...

... Which leads me on nicely to the support act! I had a treat in store for me. I had been hearing good things about Serj Tankian's (lead singer for System of a Down) solo album "Elect the Dead" but had never got round to downloading any of the stuff to listen to...

... 3 Guesses who the support band were? Yep! Serj and his band. The sound is pretty much identical to System's and the vocals and structure are familiar too, but it's all good. Fans of System of a Down should check it out if they haven't already! Kate and her sister, didn't really approve, but I enjoyed it. And then came the main show! Foo Fighters in the flesh. We got a bit closer to the stage and had a really good view... As the photo's will now prove!





Serj Tankian (knelt down with the white top hat!)



Mr. Dave Grohl... Not looking at the camera!



Mr. Dave Grohl... Not looking at the camera, but facing the right way!



And a random one of Dave G. that looks a bit arty... Well I think so, anyway!


After a 2 hour set they encored with some stuff off their first album and then the lights came on... It was done. I had seen the Foo Fighters live, and up close, too! Now all I had to do was drive out of the carpark and get home...


After an hour we left the NEC carpark (they need more stewards directing traffic... Why did you give it up, John, why? Think of the tempers that you could save!) and I got us back to Kate's. I had a cup of tea before leaving, with the promise that I would phone Kate in the week to arrange a drink somewhere... (Shit, I had better do that!) I got home and immediately went to bed...


On Wednesday worked seemed to drag a little bit but I got what needed to be done, done. I came home at 4:30pm feeling like I had done a proper full days work... I was rather shattered! Father was out that night so I didn't go down to his house. Instead I played a bit of Halo and watched repeats of TopGear and QI on UKTV gold... Most enjoyable!

Thursday, and work was good. In the evening it was business as usual at the Packhorse. Lank picked me up for about 8:00ish and a good evening was had by all. Lank dropped me back for about 12:15am and I again, went to bed.

Friday... Friday was a good day at work as well. I raced around, did all I could and left at about 3:30pm. Mother had gone to Scotland that morning, so when I got home, it was the start of a weekend to myself! In the evening though, I went to Sweet Chillies restaurant with Selena, Kieron, and some of their friends for my sisters birthday (which is actually tomorrow) I drove Kieron and selena, and Steve and his girlfriend there and back, and therefore couldn't drink...

... Bugger.

Afterwards I ended up back at Selenas for a bit before coming home and going to bed, completely, and utterly, sober!

I awoke Saturday and just lazed about the house. I didn't do much, and didn't go anywhere particularly exciting... Selena turned up after having her hair cut, and we started talking about next saturday, which is ladies evening at the Chateau Impney. The theme this year is "Moustaches and Tiarras." Now I have a 'tash and beard so I could, if I so desired do nothing... But there's no fun in that! So I had a bit of an experiment... I wanted to really emphasise the 'tash, and so, with some eyeliner-pen to mark out the shape, I re-cut my 'tash!... want to see it?


... Well tough! you're going to see it anyway!


Ha ha! Yep! I shaved out the middle bit of my beard (though kept it at a #1) and left the sides. I thought I might kep it for later on that evening, but decided to just cut it back to a #1 as well, so that it all matched again... You see i noticed that it was how Lemmy from Motorhead has his 'tash and that was appropriate...

... Because I was going back to the NEC with Father and Mr. Mike Parlett to See: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Motorhead, and Alice Cooper!!! Now I have seen Motorhead before at the Carling Academy in Birmingham. But I have always wanted to see Alice Cooper live... We got to the NEC for 7:00pm-ish and got free parking all thanks to a little trick that Mr. Parlett knows because his brother works at the NEC as a steward.

I wont bother trying to explain in words what it was like. Well, OK, maybe one word: "LOUD"
Now I was further away than I was from the Foo Fighters, and so photographs were tricky to do in the low light... So you will have to do with my poor quality video's dear reader...






Well, at least this explains the title of the blog! Joan Jett's one and only recogniseable hit!






Ace of Spades by Motorhead.






Poison by Mr. Alice Cooper...








And Schools Out! The show topper!


Ah, what a night! After the show we beat most of the crowds and got out for a reasonable 11:15pm!. I got home for around 12:00midnight and had some supper before going to bed.



Ah. Sunday. I really should have blogged for you reader, but I was busy... At the Legion! where I was working from 2:00pm until 7:00pm, just to help them out for poppy day. After a long (but enjoyable) haul at the Legion, I went home to get changed, and got down to nans as usual. Me and Selena left early though since we had to go and pick mum up from the airport as she was flying back in from Glasgow. We left at 9:45pm and I shot down the M42. We parked up and were stood inside arrivals for 10:15pm where mother appeared about 10 minutes later. I shot back home, Selena left from my house and everything was hunky-dory...

... So that is that, and it is where I will leave you, dear reader...

TTFN

No comments: