Sunday, April 22, 2007

Strange what desire will make foolish people do...

Hello dear readers. It's sunday, so that must mean that it's time for this weeks update!

I will of course start with last Monday... It was the first day back at work after the half term holidays! The kiddies weren't in, though it was just the staff having a training day (or "Death by Powerpoint" as I call it!) It wasn't a bad day though and after all the tasks and the papers we were out by 3:00pm. In the evening everyone came over to my house for a guitar hero session. T'was a good evening, although my house is definitely more boring than Adams, or Carls! After some serious riff-bending everyone left so I could go to bed.

Tuesday morning came far to early and it was the first day of having to cope with the kiddies. They werent too bad, though and the day went as any other. My main jobs for the day were setting everything in place for the 1st half of the art GCSE exam which would be on the Wednesday. (I'll get to that in a moment, though) Basically the seating plan needed doing, the equipment needed sorting, and all the red-tape that goes with this sort of thing needed to be read through, and the instructions carried out. Now you may be wondering "GCSE? at this time of year?" well what we do is because the art GCSE is 10 hours (yes, 10 hours) long, it is split over 2 days. Because this places a huge demand on the exam timetable we do the GCSE exam earlier that everyone else, and use the supposed exam time later on to catch them up with their coursework. It is a very ingenious system and we are very proud of it. The wow factor of this is amplified by the fact that we don't choose two consecutive days (like I had when I took my art GCSE) instead we choose two days a week apart (this means that next Wednesday will be the second 5 hours of the exam) Clever because, although they can't touch their work in the week between the exams (because that would be cheating) they have a week to rethink their strategy, and to practice any various skills and techniques that they are finding difficult! Good, isn't it?

Ok Nothing happened on Tuesday evening because no one could think of anything to do so I will go straight on to Wednesday's affairs...

The exam started at 9:00am so everyone had to be in school at 8:30. I had preped the rooms and got everyone seated. The exam started as planned and I was glad to see the hard work of all the art staff start to pay off. I wasn't in the exam for long though as I had cover work and art lessons to teach in place of Sal' and Elanor who were overseeing the exam.

It was a good day, actually and at 4:30 when I went home I didn't feel like I had been to work at all... It was lovely! In the evening I went down to fathers as usual to watch a bit of telly. I came home for about 11:00-ish after watching independence day on film4.

Ah now on to Thursday... Work was ordinary so I wont bother blogging a load of waffle... I'll get to the evening. I didn't go to the Packhorse (for the 3rd week running!) because me and Father went to the Civic in Wolverhampton to see Chris Issak! (yes, I know... Not the coolest gig' in the world, but it was a laugh and good fun) We arrived in Wolvy' for about 6:45pm and had a drink in the little civic pub. Randomly there was an Adrenaline sticker on the pavement outside! After the pint we went next door and got seated. The support act were a band called "Ganjo Music" (I think) from Tipton! After they had done their session, out came Chris issak and his band... He was wearing a blue sparkley suit! He loves himself a bit but he was quite chatty with the crowd and did a song out in the audience! I assumed his encore would be Wicked Game (as it is the song he is known for) but randomely he performed it about half way through.....

... I missed the first verse, sorry....




Anyway it was a good show. He went off stage at about 10:30 and me and Father headed on home, after negotiating the onslaught of cars trying to get out of the carpark...

When I got home I played a bit of Oblivion, and went to bed...

... ready for Friday! Work was a doddle, and everyone was looking forward to the weekend! I did the usual rounds and got out of Woodrush for 3:30. In the evening I met Marcus and Adam in the Pakhorse to discuss the events that would unfold on Saturday.... (more of that in a moment)

... We drank a pint but then got bored so they came back to mine for a bit before heading off home...

... Right, so on to Saturday.... We were going to London!

Me, Adam, John, and Marcus met at 8:30 at Solihull station and caught the 9:06am train. It got us to Marylebone for 10:45-ish and the first thing we did was get something to eat! Our first big stop was the Tate Modern... The gallery that Adam loves to hate! Marcus went off to find Steve and Mark, friends from St. Peters school.
We spent a couple of hours in the Tate, then went over to the pub to meet with the others. We had a few bevvies and then went over to the Royal College of surgeons museum. I had never been before and if you are ever in London, check it out. It is very fascinating! Afterwards we went for some tea at a local Pizza Hut, and after gorging ourselves Steve and Mark left us. mark is running the London Marathon so he wanted to get back...

Well done to Mark for taking on the grueling challenge!

We had ourselves another drink and then caught the 9:40pm train back. It took 2 hours and we were back in Solihull for 11:50pm and Adam kindly dropped everyone home. I wasn't that tired though, so watched Derren Brown and Doctor Who on Catch-up-teleport-TV before going to bed.

I got up thismorning to watch the marathon incase I could see Mark, but with 30,000 runners it was a long shot...

I am doing an emergency shift at the Legion in a bit aswell so I will have to leave you readers.

TTFN.

No comments: