Monday, April 16, 2007

blue, blue, red, blue, yellow, red, DAMN IT!

Hello readers, and before we go any further, yes, I know I am a day late after saying that I would blog on Sunday...
But thats all in the past and I have blogging to be done, so lets get on with it...

I came back from my travels and immediately felt somewhat bored... I mean how do you follow a week skiing? I decided therefore to purchase Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 last Tuesday...

Money well spent!

I purchased it from Toys R Us after trying HMV, Woolworths, Game, Argos, and Comet who were all out of stock. Actually the guy on the pick up point in Toys R Us Shirley looked a bit like Nick Frost (from Shaun of the Dead and Hot fuzz) and was eage to tell me how he and his mates sat up most of the previous Friday trying to complete it on expert.... Wonderful. I didn't know the game came free with a life-story. He then started talking about a japanese Anime called Naruto... Your guess is as good as mine...!?

Anyway I (eventually) went home and gave it a try out... I was so enthralled that I invited John, Adam, and Carl over for a go.

Throughout my week off we have been playing the game at Carls most evenings since he now has the house to himself. (Due to his housemates moving out... Detached house in Solihull, are they mad!?) Anyway, we have been over for 3 or 4 nights now culminating in yesterday which was the official Carl Notman Barbeque! We have many each summer and yesterday was the first one of 2007!. Jenny picked john and myself up and drove over to carls. Bobby was already there and Adam arrived a little later. Everyone had bought meat or drinks... But there was a mad dash when we realised we had no bread rolls for the burgers or matches to light the barbecue with!!! A quick run to Tesco's solved that problem and we were tucking in to hot cow in under an hour! Guitar Hero provided much of the entertainment, switching later to the Wii (which Ralph had lent to Carl whilst he is on holiday... Thats what big brothers are for!) We also watched Carls "Best Man Speech" from Ralph and Kirsties wedding last year on a DVD thats carls dad dropped off. Now the highlight of the evening was Marcus trying to play Wii Boxing agaist Bobby... Somehow I dont think he quite gets it...




... Interesting "technique" Mr. Wheatley...

After we had devoured a ton of meat and worn ourselves out, it was time to be going... I still had to go down to my nans for tea! Jenny dropped me off home, so I dived in to my own car and shot down to my nans... For some forced tea (well I wouldn't want to be impolite by refusing it) I stayed for an hour and came back to watch TopGear before going to bed!

... So Monday... Today... First day back at school... Sorry, I mean first day back at work! No kiddies, though just teacher training or "Death by Power-Point" as I like to call it. God it's dull... meeting, lecture, meeting, powerpoint, powerpoint, lecture, powerpoint, meeting, powerpoint.... I was glad when 3:30 came so I could come home... Which I did... And started blogging... Which is what you are now reading...

Sod it, that will have to do!

TTFN readers

No comments: