Sunday, March 04, 2007

4 Days to go

Hello readers and another blog is here for you to cast your eyes over. I will start, however with a subject close to my heart...

In 4 days I will be a quarter of a century old.

... A BLOODY QUARTER!!!!!

How the hell has that happened!? I haven't done anything. I mean I've always tried to have a bit of fun and a laugh with everything life throws at me but if you actually add it all up, I have done very little. I don't own my own property, my career has been in the freezer for 3 years now and I already have grey hairs in my beard. What in blazes have I done? I wanted to travel, to live a bit, yet now, nearing 25 I'm thinking "shit, I've left this a bit late"

Oh... Screw it, it was only a pipe-dream...

Right, lets blog. Basically this week has been identical to last but with a few tweaks in it. So to save time I will blog the tweaks and not the rest of the nonsence bullshit (hey, I realise your time is valuable, dear reader.)

At the end of last week I ordered, via the BBC website, an official TopGear "I am the Stig" T-shirt. It arrived on Wednesday and I am very proud of it. It is Navy blue with "I am the Stig" written across the chest and a picture of the Stig on the back with the TopGear logo underneath. To add to the fun factor, the label on the inside reads: "These products have been tested on animals...... They didn't fit" which I thought was an interesting touch. I then had a bit of fun by telling Selena that I had a new T-shirt but didn't tell her what was on it. She is a big fan of TopGear like me so I deliberately decided to make her guess what it was. I had about 20 texts on Thursday evening with random thoughts as to what my new super-cool apparel could be...

... She didn't guess it.

... She relinquished and had to wait until Saturday to see it (but I will get to that in a moment)

On Friday I stayed in and just messed about on youtube. I was watching a series of short clips of Ray Park (who played Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace) doing some martial arts stuff and then doing some work with a replica Darth Maul Lightsabre staff and a regular lightsabre. I noticed he seemed to be able to twirl it at an incredible rate and wondered how he was doing it. Surely his wrists aren't able to travel 360 degrees are they? I typed in (just on a whim) "Lightsabre techniques" in to Youtube and lo and behold there are a series of vids with this guy explaining some Jedi moves... I decided it would be a laugh to watch so I started going through them one by one. Then I did something that qualifies as super-geeky... I picked up my sisters (no, really, it is!) toy lightsabre and had a go! You'd be suprised at how quickly you fall in to the trap of complete lunacy! I actually found myself getting annoyed when I couldn't do lesson nine! (although now I can... I don't know if that qualifies as a good thing or not, though) Anyway, that just about sums up Friday.

Saturday morning my Grandad and my uncle Ron' came round to shift Selenas organ to her flat. (Ron has a people carrier which made it easier.) We got it in and about 20 mins after they had gone I saw Selenas car pull up outside. I rushed up stairs and put my Stig T-shirt on! After the unveiling she burst out laughing! I would have thought she would have guessed it but she said she had no clue!

In the Evening I went up Brum'. I met Jason, Gemma, Becky, and her friend Tom at the Maypole to catch the 50 bus (bus? what the hell is a bus?) to Town. We were to meet Nicola and Spike in the Academy...

... Or so I thought.

We met them in Scruffys, (fantastic place!) before moving on to the newly reopened Exposure! I remember drinking in there years ago when I was at college. Every so often we would say to our tutors that we were going up to the Gallery for research, but always ended up in Exposure, at lunchtime (at the age of 16, I might add) with a round of beers... Ah, happy days. Then it had some sort of legal issue with management and ownership and the whole place shut down. yesterday was the second night of the new Exposure and it felt good to be back in the ol' watering hole.

We left at god-knows what time and I can't remember going to bed. I woke up thismorning with a groggy head, but thankfully it's gone now.

I will leave you there readers, since dinner is almost done....

TTFN



No comments: