Sunday, March 18, 2007

I've seen Corey Taylors bottom!

Hello readers, welcome once again to the ongoing story of my grand mis-adventures. I will start by going back to last Sunday and pick up the story about 6 hours after posting my previous blog...




Sunday 11 march was the day that Myself, Jason, and Gemma went to see Stone Sour at the academy! I am a huge fan and I have always said that I would love to see them live. We decided to go early and have a drink in Scruffy Murphys. We caught the 50 bus at 5:15 (along with some Woodrush kiddies who were also going to the gig!)


By the time we got to town the queue was already quite long and the doors didnt open until 7:00pm anyway, so off to Scruffy's it was. We had a few drinks and by the time 7:00pm came the queue was up to the pub anyway! So we got in line and waited....


At 7:45pm we got in! jason got a round in (good lad) and we took our positions on the side, about halfway back. After the warm-up Stone Sour came on to a massive roar from the crowd. Corey (with his new shaved head) said hi and they dived right in to a really good set. For many people though, the highlight was when, half way through everybody but Corey left the stage and he did a couple of songs on his own. he played Sweet Home Alabama and Wicked Game! My video is crap so I have found one on Youtube taken at the Birmingham gig...






Sorry, thats the best I could find! anyway I did manage to get a decent photo of him...







there he is, look... Right there in the middle. Do you see him?




After that he mooned the crowd (hence the title) and continued with the band. They finished up with "Get Inside" off the first album and were, sadly, off stage for about 10:45pm. It was a most excellent evening and Jason and Gemma enjoyed it as well.




So move on to monday morning... When getting up for work was a struggle. My limbs felt like their joints had been welded shut, with all the moshing that went on the previous evening. (You've all been there) To top it off, School wasn't all that exciting. I had the usual tasks to do and did them as always, with the exception of compiling a questionnaire for the upcoming student interviews, which I should have done, but the person who had the paperwork was in a day-long meeting! Yes. They somehow justify it! (god-knows how though.)




I had a call from Jenny when I got home asking if everyone was up for a pup quiz in a pup called the saxon over in Cheswick. Since it sounded fun, and it was somewhere we had never been, we went. Adam drove, following Jen' and at 7:30pm we pulled on to the carpark...






... Which was virtually empty, exept for a few cars and a gang of chavs sitting on an old fence.




I then read the notice:




The Saxon


All Day Food


Families Welcome


Pub Quiz: Sunday






Great! Only 24 hours late for the quiz! We had a few drinks anyway before going back home to bed. Better luck next time I suppose...




Tuesday was boring. In the evening we had planned to go and see "Epic Movie" at the cinema, but they were only showing it at weekends at 5:00pm or some silly time. So that was that idea crushed. We ended up just messing about on Lukes iBook (leeching an uncoded wireless internet connnection from a local source for free!) before just going home as per usual... Ah well. Cheap evening I suppose.




Wednesday at work I completed the task of sorting out pricing for the school beautification project! I have compliled a list of retailers that sell the things we need, stuff like picture hanging solutions, exterior paint providers, and all sorts of other little things.... See readers, my job isn't all just screaming kids and emptying glue-pots! (although I do sometimes do that!)




In the evening I went down to fathers as usual and we watched the christmas episode of little Britain (the one with George Michael) just because I hadn't seen it in ages! Afterwards I went home, had something to eat, and went to bed.
Thursday at school was good! I got a lot done and was, for some random reason, in a really good mood! I helped out in one lesson by demonstrating the style of Francis Bacon (which I have done before)







I quite like it. I'm getting good at drawing with marker pen on a white board! Apparently it is very difficult and the other art teaches never really attempt it.

Anyway I went to the packhorse in the evening with Lank as usual. whilst there I put on Kaz's sunglasses (as you do) and was snapped by Lank...



This picture just about sums up our evening! Everyone enjoyed themselves and a merry time was had all-round!

On Friday (which came far to early... I nearly overslept!) we had a non-uniform day for Comic relief. This was good, but the day got better!

Mr Hiscocks (yes, he is still there) daughter works for Damien Hirst... This I did not know. Damien Hirst is mates with an artist called Banksy. (he is a recluse, very few know who he is!) and as a result, she got her hands on an ORIGINAL Banksy picture... And Mr. H. bought in in to school! I have been a fan of banksy's ever since I saw "Wall and Peace" a few years ago. To actually hold one of his prints was amazing!



But it gets BETTER! he said that Damien Hirst, on the odd occasion, visits schools! and that she might be able to "sort Woodrush out" with a visit from the man himslf! This, to put it bluntly, would be absolutely, fucking, amazing! Think about it:

I WOULD GET TO ASSIST DAMIEN HIRST IN MAKING A PIECE OF ARTWORK!

How cool? VERY COOL!

Anyway, after work I came home and just watched TV until 8:00pm when I went to my nans for a chinky! I love the chinese place at the top of Sladepool Farm road. Their rice-noodle and ginger chicken is amazing! I came home feeling rather stuffed!

Right. On to Saturday (i.e yesterday)

Adam phoned to see if i wanted to go in to Brum for a shop. I decided I needed to get out of the house so I went over to his, and we caught the train from Widney Manor. We spent 4 hours trawling the shops. I eventually got my mum a bath set for mothers day from BodyCare in the pallasades. We got back to Solihull for 5:00-ish and Adam called in to Notcutts for some candles and to have a chat with the parrotts!

After getting back to Ad's and watch him kill some goblins as a level 36 Vampiric High-Elf on Oblivion (no, seriously!) I left for home... I got showered, changed and ready to go...

... Back to Brum! Because it was Donnas' birthday on Thursday eveyone was going to Reflex on Broad Street. On the way we noticed that Selfriges was lit up in green for St Patricks day...



Not the best photo because I was walking along at the time. Still, it looks ok I suppose. We got to Reflex and met up with some of Donnas other friends. It was a good night despite everyone being packed in to the place like sardines! Everyone had a good dance and when they played "Walk 500 miles" by the Proclaimers, everyone was singing "Roll 500 miles" and filling in with "Bobby Davro, Bobby Davro" like the Brian Potter/Andy Pipkin version shown the night before on Comic Relief! If you haven't seen it, it's on youtube... Oh what the heck here's the link...

CLICKY!

Me, Dan, and Lank left at about 2:00am and waited for half an hour to get a taxi in the wind and the rain! On the way back the taxi driver had to slow because of a car bumper in the road... I thought "thats odd" and then looked to my left where I saw WHY there as a car bumper in the road!... Absolute carnage! there was a 3 car pile up on the side of the road and a bunch of big black men having fisticuffs over it.

I got in for 3:00am and fell in to bed. I had a good time and so did Donna.

I got up early thismorning (just) to deliver my nans pressie with Selena and came back for my Sunday lunch...

In fact, dear reader, as I sit here typing this, I am still in the process of digesting my dinner...

I will eave you there since I am doing an emergency shift at the Legion in an hour! Val phoned me the other day to see if I can come in. I agreed since I haven't seen the place in ages. The only problem is that everytime I visit they always offer me my old job back, and start going on about staffing and how good I was and blah blah blah... It is most unsettling. I don't know if they are trying to guilt me back in to working there or what, but it's annoying.

Anyway, thats that little rant over with. Catch you next week readers!

TTFN.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I love the photo of you in the glasses doing bunny ears!