Sunday, January 21, 2007

Notice anything new?

Hello readers and welcome to another exciting episode of "what I've been doing." Before we start you may notice that the sidebar looks a little plain at the moment. that is because I am in the middle of using the new blogger and have fiddled with it a bit. I am in the process of getting a snazzier shoutbox and hopefully will get my map-counter back up and running. I will also try to add other elements to it at some point as well... So watch this space! Right... On with the show...
This past week at school has been fairly uneventful, with the exception of me having been given this years exam paper for Art & Design GCSE so that I can produce some resource sheets for the year 11's to work from. It is currently a 15 page document so they had better be thankful for the help... it's taken me ages!
On Thursday evening we all ended up in the Swan as usual. I'm afraid there's no photo's this week readers. You will just have to believe me when I say it was a laugh (as it always is!) On Friday it was Jason's Birthday. Before the impending bout of Drinking in Solihull I had a duty to perform...
I had to go down to my nans to see father, who was all set to go skiing, but I will come on to that in a moment, to give him his ipod back. He bought it a week ago and wanted me to put all of his music on to it. I had filled it with the CD's he gave me which consisted of dtuff like Diana Ross and Matt Monro... sheesh!
Afterwards I shot home, threw my shirt on and jetted over to Adams house to get a lift with him in to Solihull. We arrived at Weatherspoons for about 9:00pm and met up with the Swan crowd. I barely had enough time to get a couple of drinks in before headed on over to Reflex. We started in the bar, and moved in to the club when it opened. Downstairs I decided to hold off on the beer and stuck to water for a bit since I didn't want to get mashed! After an hour or so of bopping along to christ-knows how many nameless bloody dance tracks, all mixed and re-mixed by DJ Spangly-do-dah, or DJ Thingy-McWhatsit we decided to move upstairs to the 80's room. randomly, Jo's little sister Kerry turned up and we all had a good dance... Actually I would like to insert the video of Adam trying to pole dance but I wont for the sake of good-taste, his dignity, and your stomachs! at about 2:30am people started to leave and so did we. Kate offered to drive me and Adam home butt his was changed when we realised that Kerry wouldnt be a ble to get back. So Adam dived in to a taxi with Kerry and me and Kate jumped in to her car. I was home for about 3:00am and dived in to bed.
Saturday... Saturday was interesting. In a good way! I dragged myself out of bed ready to go down to Selenas at 1:00pm knowing that her Wii had been delivered! We got there and she took great delight in turning it on and demonstrating it to me. I was suprised to find out that she had also created me a Mii... An avatar that appears in certain games. She had done a good job of getting it to look like me too! I had a go on Wii Sports and on WarioWare... My arms still ache!!! It's fantastic fun and dammned hard work as well! After a couple of hours boxing and, well flinging my arms about, it was time to go... Because I was off to Wolverhampton with Jason and Gemma to see Soil! I got to Jasons for 5:00pm and we were at Shirley train station for 5:15pm after having to turn around because I thankfully said "So, got the tickets?" and Jason going"... Oh Shit!" so a minor detour back home to grab them and a quick turn of speed saw us at the station just as the train was on the platform.
We got on, got off at Moore street, got on again at Snow hill, and got off again at Wolverhampton.
After a pit stop at Subway, and a queue to get in to the Wulfrun Hall, we were in! a couple of warm up bands came on and then Godhead kicked up a storm, before Soil came to top the bill! It was a fantastic evening and was topped off by them performing Halo (their first single)
During the evening I took some photo's and the best two are here for your viewing pleasure...
I like the lighting!
Anyway, we left at about... Um... Actually, I don't know what time it was but we grabbed a burger and a taxi... Which is where it gets interesting...
Jason hailed one down and described where we needed to get to. He did this by saying "head towards Solihull, basically junction 3 off the M42" the driver quoted us at "£35, £40" (yeah, like which one, dickhead!?) me and Jason dived in with Gemma and told the guy we needed a cash point. we stopped and both drew out £20 to cover the journey. So half an hour later we passed Junction 4, then 3a and did the taxi driver say anything? nope.. just kept going like a trooper.... Then when we got to junction 3 he started going on about how this wasn't Solihull and we would need to pay him another £10...
... another £10!?
I explained that we didn't say solihull, we said "IN THE DIRECTION OF Solihull" and we specifically said "JUNCTION 3 OF THE M42" ... retard! well how? I had no money left other than £20 and I thought Jason did as well... Rather UNfortunately he had a bit of cash left and threw (literally) a note at him. I wanted Jason to say, "well I ain't got it", and for us to jump out of the taxi after it had stopped...
Bastard... It really riled me and I could have sworn that Jason started to turn green! The driver... sorry... The absolute fucking bastard that decided to screw us over, left, probably with a smug look on his face.
Well I dived in to bed, still angry and went to sleep... When I awoke (this morning) I decided to bum around the house for the day... So I have... And now I'm going to my nan's!
TTFN readers

No comments: